Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: Lawlessness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lawlessness

As I'm sure all CS:S players here at TG have found out, many people do not like to follow the server PCS rules. My question is does anyone have any information on when mods are coming out for source that could battle situations with griefers? Secondly, is Wyzcrack the only one that can admin with this version of source?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Lawlessness

Most players just need to get used to the idea. Not all of them will like it at first, and some may never. Those we don't want. Some, however, do like the style, and you see them coming back.

What mods would be out there and what would they do? Are you talking about adminmod?

Right now, admining can be done with rcon, and there are several people with that ability, including myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the first to get wound about the chaos on the server sometimes but I have to keep telling myself that patience is crucial right now. I think I have been making an effort to try to educate players and make it clear how the basic rules of the server work and it's difficult because I'm a hopeless typist. There have been many who have come here since inception, as deathmatchers and have taken to our style with just a bit of simple schooling. They got typed at, then they watched what people were doing and now we have a tidy little following to one degree or another. When I was on today a couple of guys saw me instructing another player and fell right into line without saying boo to them.

I have just been taking a few Steam IDs and mailing them to Paul if a player is unrelenting in their ignorance, a practice I use as a last resort only for obvious problem people. We have to take the time to ween people off deathmatching and in many cases it is working beautifully. For the ones that just don't want to play along, well, they stand-out and will either get bored or pissed-off and leave on their own accords or will end-up in a banned.cfg.

I share your pain Ryudo but we're doing it and the server is getting some great games logged, we just have to be very careful about alienating/kicking/banning people that just may turn into regular players once educated. It doesn't happen without a lot of chapped hide but if I can keep a (reasonably) cool head over it all then surely anyone can.

See yas!
    Last edited by DeRanger; 10-30-2004 at 10:26 PM.

Emanon

You probably wont see any mods/decent admin tools for HL:2 for a good six months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That long, c'mon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doubt it...most of it will be just changing settings in old HL1 based mods to fit into the HL2 engine.

once the SDK comes out it say 2 months TOPS, but then...when does the SDK come out...
    From Adam Webb

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valve will be churning out the SDK with all due speed, seeing as it's practically the defining feature of HL2(especially considering CS:S is the only packaged multiplayer). I'd be surprised if it took even a month past release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do realize that people eventually calm down after a few rounds and get in to the new style of play. I'm even glad that a lot of them actually get into the different style of CS. The only problem I was having was when the server would get completely full and one or two people would complain and start tk'ing or other forms of player griefing. Thanks for the info on the SDK, and I'll see you guys around in the server (Haven't had much time to do that this week)