Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mic chat

T_BEAR

Mic chat

Over the past few weeks people have been complaining more and more on the microphone and it is getting ridiculous. I donít want to hear your problems in life or your voice all the time on my speakers. I hear people all the time bitch on the microphone because they died and or say random useless comments. I know I can mute people but I donít want to because that cuts communication between players and makes playing ns more difficult/ not fun. So can we talk less on the microphone / regulate microphone spam?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Mic chat

Agreed.......damned 10 characters
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been regulating this when I'm on the server.

If you're a member and someone is abusing voicecomm, and they don't improve after multiple requests (be that in one game or over a period of two weeks), kick them or talk to another member who can.

If this is a problem when admins are on the server, notify an admin. If you don't know how to speak to admins privately, learn. All you have to do is start a message to your team with the "@" sign.

If this is a problem when not so much as a tempadmin is present, use amx_page (which works now, btw).

Please do not complain about this without notifying an admin when the problem occurs.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Re: Mic chat

I hope this isnt an attack at me cause I know I have an issue with...useless comments...so if im pissing you off let me know, I just talk a bit more than everyone but i can shut up if ordered
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can everyone else, Z. None of us wants to cause grief for others. None of us considers more important than someone else's focus on their game the non-game-related chatter we're spewing.

But everything falls apart if people who are bothered don't alert the offender AS THEY'RE DOING IT.

That's why I've been saying since this started that people who are frustrated need to POLITELY make it CLEAR to the specific person or persons overdoing it that they should please refrain from chatter that doesn't help teamplay.

And then, and ONLY THEN, if it's still a problem, you kick the player. If you don't have kick access, talk to someone who DOES (@, amx_page, etc).

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Emanon

1 warning then kick

complain about the kick= warning

does it again = kick

Damn weeds are everywhere.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do remember on election day or close to it everyone was moaning about the outcomes.. we must of had two games of unsuccessfull aliens. then i left because it was boring and i came to play ns to have fun not talk about bush/kerry/whatever.

ANY ungame talk can be done in the forums : o.. or text chat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hate to see non-game related chatter done away with alltogether, as I tend to enjoy it. There have been times when it drives me crazy too. Just a happy medium where if all are in agreement and in a mood to chat, then it can go forward. Perhaps we should consider using the TS server for non game related chat, so it does not interfere with others in game.
    Rm 14:2 NIV
    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is fun to sit back and sort of shoot the **** every now and then when no one's playing serious. But that's usually combat late at night or in the middle of the day. Classic NS, however, is most likely serious, game-oriented chat only. Occasionally a sideline comment doesn't hurt.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a serious game i would like to see non-related chatter done in text

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe my comment the other night during that game of combat was "I don't want to hear about real life crap when I'm gaming. I game for the specific purpose of not having to deal with real life crap."

In combat, I usually don't mind unless the person makes it clear they are talking just to hear their own voice. In NS (if I'm commander), I'll usually just tell them to shut the Hell up and quit humping my armory.

T_BEAR

I agree that people who talk a lot on the mic should be warned before anything happens. But repeatedly people keep ignoreing my request and there were no TG members on the server to regulate the chatting. I too enjoy when people "shoot the ***" but there is a difference between funny and annoying.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, yes, there is a difference between funny and annoying. That difference is what we call "personal preference," I suppose.

Things become less blurry when you blatantly tell someone that you're annoyed by them using voicecomm to speak about matters other than the game. Maybe they're out of line, maybe they're repeating themselves, maybe it's no big deal and you're just in a really bad mood. It doesn't really matter. If it's not game related, nothing is so important that someone else should feel compelled to discuss it despite your polite requests that they not.

This is where admins (temp or otherwise) come in. If you've asked someone to lay off the voicecomm, AND it's not about the game, AND they've either a) failed to hear your request several times, b) are blatantly hearing you and ignoring you, or c) have offered no argument for their chatter helping teamplay and have denied your request, implicitly or explicitly, then it's time for an admin to step in and manage the situation in the interests of teamplay.

Genuinely determining the above can require effort. Please go through this process before involving an admin. And PLEASE go through this process before complaining about this issue.

Moving forward, use amx_page if no one is around. It's not a guarantee that help will arrive quickly, but it's the closest you're going to get to one.

I also must note that, for all the grief that's been voiced about this, I've yet to hear of any admin, myself included, being contacted privately about the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't agree more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TTT.

This is still a problem. Nothing like a marine talking more than the commander. Even after repeated attempts to silence the person. I realy hate having to mute people while commanding. This is the bottom line... If your not in the chair, your not under attack, and what you have to say wont benifit the entire team, TYPE IT OUT!!!! The com needs to be able to relay info to the team. It's not possible if a player is on the mic talking about stupid things that just aren't relivent to the current situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast