Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Everybody!

LOL. As much as I'm ready to hear the end of people's fear and anxiety when it comes to this great nation's political process, I thought this site was a cute idea.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sorry, Everybody!

Maybe that can be the new "Help is on the way" slogan for the democratic party: "We're Sorry, for a stronger America!"

I'm So Ronery
    I'm so ronery
    So ronery
    So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one
    Just me onry
    Sitting on my rittle throne
    I work very hard and make up great prans
    But nobody ristens, no one understands
    Seems that no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
    A little ronery
    Poor rittre me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the headline on Thursday's Mirror:

"How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB?"

Here is a .pdf of the front page:
    http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/docs/M...C328EC0000.pdf

And here are some of the reactions they got:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html

They are a great read whichever side of the debate you are on.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes well i thought that headline was disgraceful. they forget that infact they are a news papper and not a mouth piece for the god damn editor. he should not be allowed to get wawy with such blaitant disreguard for journalism.

i feel an apology is needed.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    I loved the headline on Thursday's Mirror:

"How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB?"

Here is a .pdf of the front page:
    http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/docs/M...C328EC0000.pdf

And here are some of the reactions they got:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html

They are a great read whichever side of the debate you are on.
    Is that a news magazine, or an entertainment magazine? Regardless, it has lost any journalistic credibility that it may have once had...

Put it on the opinion or editorial page and it's fine. Label it "news" and it shows that it is unable to report on true news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ----paranoid----
    It never had any credibility anyway, unless in the 5 years i have lived in the US the paper changes it ways, it only reported gutter press news anyway, like the supermarket tabloids sold in the US.
    AH.... So it probably increased credibility and circulation among the type of trash that reads a rag like that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    AH.... So it probably increased credibility and circulation among the type of trash that reads a rag like that...
    Actually despite the quote from paranoid, the tabloids can be very instrumental about getting justice and reporting good whoelsome news.

i refer largly to "The Sun" which is the "Mirrors" largest competitor but all the same they have done some neat things. only this month the tabloid papper and the trash you say reads them raised something like 15000 pounds to help a British Squadie fight a law siut against the MOD for a dismissal and a charge of unlawful killing.

No other papper including the Broadsheets have done this. the soldier in question shot a man in the back, who was not armed, very naughty thing right, wrong. the man may not have had an ak47 but he was pushing a wheel barrow full of RPG's. and aparantly thats an unlawful killing. if it wasnt for the tabloid being slighty passionate about things like this, then this man may have just been a pawn in the bigger picture justice served or not.

bit of a rant but i think your comment cing is just as unfair as the comment made by the mirror.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DudeMan
    bit of a rant but i think your comment cing is just as unfair as the comment made by the mirror.
    Awww, don't get your knickers in a bunch...

I didn't say anything about it being a bad publication, just that it's not a journalistic periodical. It's an entertainment rag. Oprah does great things, too. That doesn't mean I think she's a good newswoman...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww, don't get your knickers in a bunch...

I didn't say anything about it being a bad publication, just that it's not a journalistic periodical. It's an entertainment rag. Oprah does great things, too. That doesn't mean I think she's a good newswoman...

i was referring to the trash who read it comment.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was referring to the trash who read it comment.
    Ah, yes, well, there's no accounting for taste... I confess that I occasionally flip through some of those rags when the cashier at the grocery store is particularly slow... I like looking at two things: the freak stories and the photos of beautiful women.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on which taste for you're accounting, one might have to wonder which picture represents which taste.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the mirror is firmly a red top trashy tabloid. Unfortunately most people in this country choose to buy papers that do not distinguish reporting from editorialising. It is ironic that these same papers label other people stupid.

Next to the Mirror were several papers that didn't even feature the US election on the front page but instead had headlines such as "<insert Z-list celeb> caught in topless scandal! Exclusive pics inside"
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yes, well, there's no accounting for taste... I confess that I occasionally flip through some of those rags when the cashier at the grocery store is particularly slow... I like looking at two things: the freak stories and the photos of beautiful women.

well then you cant really comment on the people who read them if you look at two things in an entire papper. maybe i am blowing it out of proportion slightly but i read those pappers amongst others and do not take kindly to being called trash.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    Yeah the mirror is firmly a red top trashy tabloid. Unfortunately most people in this country choose to buy papers that do not distinguish reporting from editorialising. It is ironic that these same papers label other people stupid.

Next to the Mirror were several papers that didn't even feature the US election on the front page but instead had headlines such as "<insert Z-list celeb> caught in topless scandal! Exclusive pics inside"

for the most part i agree, but john Little is a quality reporter. he does not stay politically correct and gives you the facts between the eyes. nor does he care who he treds all over. and he is reportin in these tabloids.

i also read broadsheet pappers, usually the guardian, and i like their news, but they are always politically correct and never actually put blaim where it lies.

i do think this is a quality that pappers could use.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well then you cant really comment on the people who read them if you look at two things in an entire papper. maybe i am blowing it out of proportion slightly but i read those pappers amongst others and do not take kindly to being called trash.
    Heh... I've read them cover to cover before. I know what kind of crap they spew in the name of journalism. I now choose to view only the most entertaining portions of their "reporting".

I have a feeling that US tabloids and UK tabloids must be quite different. US tabloids don't even attempt to report on serious news anymore. Just hollywood gossip stuff and wild stories that respectable journalists won't touch...

Last edited by CingularDuality; 11-07-2004 at 04:17 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast