Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hollywood at it again...

So Hollywood has been all over the place, between the RIAA and the MPAA, sueing, and getting ready to sue (respectively) thousands of people, peer to peer networks, etc. Where will it stop? No where in sight obviously. They've filed yet ANOTHER bill in the senate, since their Induce Act and such things aren't doing so well...but what did they cut back to give this a chance of passing the senate? Not a damned thing...in fact they added MORE money grubbing, liberty stealing wording to this one. For instance, Hollywood wants to make it *ILLEGAL* to skip commercials. If the senate ever cracks, you might as well kiss all forms of advanced communication, such as the internet, telephones, and television and radio goodbye!

Wired News:
    http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0...w=wn_tophead_2

H.R.2391 Bill:
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:h.r.02391:

Discuss.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hollywood at it again...

Well, it may be time to write some letters of support for my congressmen... In addition to my senators, I have two congressmen right now (texas redistricting).

I plan on simply reaffirming the fact that I believe in fair rights usage of published media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hollywood at it again...

I believe that the powers-that-be in the entertainment business can expect a warm fuzzy welcome on capital hill after all the favors they've done the party in power.

I see many meetings rescheduled at the last minute when something important comes up after the hollywood exec has flown in on the red-eye. Enjoy!