User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexual Harassment?

Guys and Gals,
    I've reached my boiling point. At my place of employment, there is a reception desk to greet people who walk in. This desk is staffed by two older ladies. One lady has successfully worked her way under my skin.
    She touches me and grabs my arm frequently; sometimes wrapping herself around my arm. She makes comments like "I know what you did this weekend. Who was the lucky girl?" Nothing too bad, but taken as a whole, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
    This morning she did it again; wrapped herself around my arm and started to whisper something in my ear. I snapped. I told her to Get the F@@@ off me. After thinking about this for a few hours, I decided to tell my boss. He said he'll take care of it. (which he will)
    So ladies, I can kinda sorta see your situation about sexual harassement. When I'm a manager, I'll crack down on this with an iron fist.
    Thank you for listening.

drew_952

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sexual Harassment?

That's why I always carry a water pistol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work from home. My wife has come to accept my sexual harassment.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favorite words is proxemics.

Always has been and always will be.

<whispers in ear>
    Good post. I hope it works out.
    </whispers in ear>
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be just too manly for her to resist.

Sexual harassment typically represents a situation where someone with authority over another uses that authority to make unwanted sexual advances. In this case, it sounds like this woman is your equal or perhaps even under you.

I would think that you could have just told the woman to leave you alone and that her behavior was unwelcome, and then if she continued to bother you, go to a supervisor. Stand up for yourself first, before running off to mommy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless/until you made it clear that her comments and touching were inappropriate and unwanted, there was no sexual harassment. A lot of guys would welcome such attention, so she probably didn't think that she was making you uncomfortable. Now that you've made clear that she's not welcome to behave in such a way, if she does it again, it would be sexual harassment.

BTW, I just got the link to this video sent to me yesterday, so it's kinda funny that this came up. This video has foul and suggestive language and a, ummm, blow up phallus, but is otherwise fairly safe for work. It looks like a sexual harassment training film: http://media.ebaumsworld.com/sexualharassment.wmv NOT safe to watch around children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very true Tempus.
    However, all attempts to tell her to leave me alone, don't touch me, you make me feel uncomfortable, result in: "I can't help it, your so handsome." Basically, she laughs off my requests to knock it off.

drew_952 is NOT FOR GRANDMA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    One of my favorite words is proxemics.

Always has been and always will be.

<whispers in ear>
    Good post. I hope it works out.
    </whispers in ear>
    Man, working with people from all over the world, it's amazing just how interesting proxemics can be...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Snap!

HR is involved now. My boss doesn't mess around.
    Nothing like leaving a mark on somebody's employee record!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, if that's the biggest problem you have in your life right now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shouldn't be a problem anymore.

And yes, it is kinda pathetic compared to the problems in the world today.

drew_952 is NOT FOR GRANDMA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: Sexual Harassment?

Guess I don't understand. I saw the old woman and hugging arm part and thought " wow a sweet old lady who gets treated like an old rug at home because she isn't young and hot any more gets the little attention her old body ever gets hugging a young mans arm, you're right probably won't again." I understand how a person could want a hug or a little flirt from time to time. Sorry it had to make you feel uncomfortable, don't know if it's sociaty or what but seems like we all keep every one at arms reach or further if wee can. I was raised to be a Southern Gentleman and from that a haqnd shake was a sign of respect and often used to seal deals...ect. I now live 500 Miles and 400 yrs(it seams) from there. I often reach out to shake hands with some one I am meeting for the first time or have not seen in a while. You would be surprised how many people look at me oddly as they take my hand. Not all Physical contact is relaited to sex and we shouldn't even have to think about that when we reach out and touch some one. There is a woman at work who is retiring in january and I will miss her greatly. Several years ago I was having a lot of problems at work and home. I was unhappy about things at work and getting close to the end of a verybad(and very cold ) Marriage. Whe her and I first met. When our conversation ended she jumped up and hugged me and said. " I had such a great time talking to you you have a wonderful day. Thinking that my life was absolute ****, I was so shocked. This was not a come on or a sexual advance. This was a wonderful Physical reasurance that I was still alive and that I was not dead inside and the world would never win. Over the next six months I went thourh a nasy painful and expesive divorce and her smiles and waves and a hug here and there( weither her husban was around or not). I made it through a very rough time with more smiles than I had befor the divorce started. When you incounter some one you have the ability to change there day or even life with little more than a hand shake and kind word. I know I sound like a newager or hippie but for those who have talked to me or heard stories from my past I am far from it. Just defending us Honest Flirts when I say that we mean no harm. We're only trying to stay alive untill we're dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wel thats nice and all, but what if it wasn't a kind old lady that was giving him a little human contact, and what if it was a middle-aged cougar that very possibly wanted to bang him like an old screen door? Still ok?

Sorry, some people are "touchy, feely" types, but I'm more of a "please don't friggin touch me or I'll flip out" kind of guy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what's HR?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper