Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile I'm sooooo ashamed. :(

I broke down and bought World of Warcraft this yesterday. Given the popularity I just had to give it a try. I played for about 4 hours last night and I sincerely enjoyed it.

What has happened to me? What does this mean for my future? Are stormtrooper outfits and Darth Vader masks in my future? How long before I start dressing like Mr. Spock and say things like "live long and prosper"?

If I wasn't so busy moving back into my mom's basement I'd be really concerned.
    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I'm sooooo ashamed. :(

LOL! I played the beta for that game, and it's the first RPG that I've ever really enjoyed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I played D&D for a little while back there in my pre-pubescent days and I still feel the itch to hop into the computer world to play these games. For me, it's like getting a tattoo: I wouldn't mind doing it but I always find many preferable ways to spend the money and time.

With regard to being a nerd, we should all take care. My mother rolls her eyes at my hobby then Dad goes upstairs (at their house, not "our" house!) to build his little wooden boat and she plays ebay like it's a slot machine and an early-bird special rolled into one. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, dude.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the Warcraft games, and I've seen enough of the WoW to know I'd love it.

But I can't embrace persistent games. It's what killed BlackNova for me. I need to be able to play a game, get up, come back, and not be concerned about what happened while I was gone (not just to me, but to others).

The game looks fun as hell if that isn't in the way.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldn't play WoW just because you have to pay for the online playing. that just sucks alot.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah really.

I mean... who would pay money to support their gaming hobby?

pffffffffft.

(nevermind the Supporting Member image on the left lol)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as i'm concerned with my "supporting member to the left," that's actually something that i AM proud of cuz it's well worth the money. a great community must be kept alive and supporting it is our only option.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was just being silly.

The nice thing about money in this country is that you get to put it where you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    The nice thing about money in this country is that you get to put it where you like.
    Is that why money ususaly smells bad Wyz? Where's your money at? lol
    Last edited by ImAWuss; 12-28-2004 at 07:54 PM.
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bear? You mean the guy who trashed the game at every opportunity? I'm so freaking jealous- I want WOW too!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tempus, I never played Everquest, but I understand that it's similar in terms of gameplay. It's real time and massively multiplayer. The graphics are nice and if you're an RPG player, you'll find the quests to be quite exciting, I think.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmeeh
    i bought it last month and played it a little.. and my 30 days ran out yesturday but i'm sticking with eve-online. one mmo is enough

besides, multiple server mmos suck

it was good, and if i could decide what and who to play with i would probably still be playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried nearly every MMORPG to come out and WoW is the only one I can see myself playing a year from now. It contains everything I love about video games and is the first game related monthly expense I feel is justified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as far as supporting memeber.V. pay to play, here i get dozens of games there you get? big diference in value. Join TG now befor we're full, or we may just not let ya in(jk).