Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

T_BEAR

Unhappy Connection problems to gaming servers

I am having trouble connecting to any server on steam or any other game. I can only see 2 ns server and one of them is the Tg server. All of the rest on my steam favorites come up on steam as not responding. But when I right click the server, go to server info , and then refresh the server I can clearly see people playing on it. I have tried to ping the server and every attemept has been sucessful. I have even tried using HLSW to connect but I get the same problem. I think it has somthing to do with my router becuase this seems to be happening in all of the multiplayer games. I have no idea whats going on. I am not running any software firewalls either. Has anyone ran into this problem before?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Connection problems to gaming servers

When did this change occur?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_BEAR
    I am having trouble connecting to any server on steam or any other game. I can only see 2 ns server and one of them is the Tg server. All of the rest on my steam favorites come up on steam as not responding. But when I right click the server, go to server info , and then refresh the server I can clearly see people playing on it. I have tried to ping the server and every attemept has been sucessful. I have even tried using HLSW to connect but I get the same problem. I think it has somthing to do with my router becuase this seems to be happening in all of the multiplayer games. I have no idea whats going on. I am not running any software firewalls either. Has anyone ran into this problem before?
    Have you tried doing a trace to the servers? This has happenned to me before and I have been screwed by a couple of hops, on occasion the shaw network has foiled me also. I imagine you've tried rebooting your router and checkihng your network settings? I'm not much of a computer tech but I have had the same trouble... Good luck!

T_BEAR

It started after I came back from college. It was working fine at college and now it's not.

Yes I have checked my network settings/ rebooted my router and it still won't work. But isnt the trace thing more specific to certain servers? Like for instance I get a crappy ping on one server but the rest of the servers are fine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had this problem, it is most likely not the same problem as yours but I fixed mine by clearing the temp internet files.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i've had this before.. it comes and goes, only solution i know is time :\

T_BEAR

I just went to a friends LAN last night and I was able to see all of the servers normally, and now that I have come back home steam or other games won't refresh properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_BEAR
    I just went to a friends LAN last night and I was able to see all of the servers normally, and now that I have come back home steam or other games won't refresh properly.
    This sounds to me like a problem related to your ISP or router since I would imagine those to be the only things different at your friends' LAN party. Did you by any chance upgrade the firmware on your router or change any of its settings recently?
    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

T_BEAR

No I didn't change any settings or upgrade the firmware. I just tried to plug my internet connection from the router directly into my computer and steam still won't refresh the servers. I am now able to ping any game server but I jus can't connect through steam. All it says is "failed to connect to game server" as if the sever was down....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you at a university in Singapore? I hear they don't like port 27105.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2