Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to alert someone of a cheater...

... without alerting the cheater himself?
    Last night there were two guys with weird clan tags in the TG CS:S server.
    Tempus, 9V, RandomGuy, and I believe a couple of other TG dudes were in and out. The two guys were the ones who wouldn't shut the hell up on the ingame chat... you know if you were there.

Well, I kinda called them out in hopes that someone with some pull would take a look at these two. No one did.
    Now I know I'm relatively new to this game but I've played enough that what I saw immediately jumped out at me as not normal.
    Here's what I saw: I joined while the map was Italy. The CT team was handing us our butts(which isn't unusual). After a couple of rounds in which I died pretty early I'm camming behind one of these two guys. Now I usually just leave the cam on whoever the server puts me on so it took a few deaths before I was with this guy. Well he is at the bottom, and his left, of the stairs/hallway with an M4. He's aiming the entire length of the hall at the second floor window of the apartment, squatting, and firing. The thing that jumped out at me was that the M4 rifle was NOT recoiling at all whatsoever.
    I told my :: buddies on TeamSpeak about what I saw and one of them cammed them too and said the same thing; no recoil on any rifle in any situation at any time during the next couple of rounds.
    The map then changed to Aztec and I continued, whenever possible, to cam both of these guys. Same dealio. So I finally asked: "Why don't you guys have any recoil?" Immediately one of the two in question pops up with "Who?". I said "you". They commenced to laughing and making all sorts of ruckus on the ingame chat.
    Well, as I have no power and no one with power had anything to say, I just ignored them. However I did notice, and said so, that they both suddenly had rifle recoil like I'm used to seeing. This was immediately after someone (me) called them on it.

I'm not crying about it and no, I didn't think to get Steam IDs.
    My question is, as stated above, how does a player let an admin know that someone needs a closer look without alerting the cheaters in time to turn off the particular cheat that gets spotted?

Thanx.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to alert someone of a cheater...

The server offers no method for privately contacting a specific player, admin or otherwise. Short of well-timed say messages between the first few dead players, you'll have to look outside the game for private communications.

The GS guys could idle in our TeamSpeak server's HL channel (if we don't have one yet for CS), as I'm usually in our TS when I'm playing CSS.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recall you mentioning that they were not having recoil on their scouts. Unfortunately, that is a very hard thing to detect, particularly with that weapon. Additionally, there is not a lot of info about available cheats. As their scoring was nothing special, it was better to non-call it. Besides, if I recall correctly, you later told them that you changed your mind about it. I could be mistaken on that, however.

In any event, had I been made aware of their incessant chatter on voice, I would have done something about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do remember someone going like 20 - 0 but I don't remember any talk of cheating. Unfortunately, I wasn't on too long and I wasn't paying full attention all the time so I could have missed a lot. Did you make a demo? I'll definately take a look at any demos you make of suspected cheaters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We use TS too. Perhaps we should check yours out sometime. I guess one of our group could pop in if this type of thing were to happen.

Tempus,
    Is the scout the M4? (Car-15 type weapon)
    They were also using an AK-47, or whatever its called in CS, with no recoil.
    As I said, it was so different from what I'm used to seeing that it immediately caught my eye in Italy. Not in battle but while camming in the one guy's first person view. If I had no recoil like that I would rarely miss with an M4... and the AK kicks a lot.

I didn't change my mind about it at all. I said that I noticed they had recoil now. That was after I called them on it.

You turn off the voice too? York does but sometimes someone is trying to coordinate with it. Even though I don't chat ingame I will text back if someone says something to me or follow their commands if they're asking me to go a certain way.

RandomGuy,
    I actually figured you were camming as you were in spectator mode awhile.
    I need to aquaint myself with making a demo. If this kinda thing happens that would be a great way to show proof. That and Steam IDs.

Like I said, I'm not crying or anything. I just figured the way you guys run the server people like this are likely to be dealt with severely.

Thanx for the replies guys. I'll see ya in game soon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scooper:

At the time, I thought you were talking about the Scout. I see now in your message that you were talking about various weapons in additon to the scout.

I would not have turned off their voice, I would have asked them to keep the chatter game-related. If they had not, I would have booted them.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not turn off your microphone on a server based on teamwork and having an FAQ that encourages microphone use. Do not allow the problem to persist while you develop a personal workaround. Alert an admin and have the problem solved.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear that. I'm not gonna turn off my mic since i use TS. I'm also not gonna turn off the ingame voice. I double checked my settings and should be able to voice up with the K key and continue to use Caps Lock for TS. (hence the all caps text I often enter, lol)
    I don't want to use the same key for both ingame chat and TS though... I talk too much.

I also need to get the hang of who can and can't hear or see text between teams and the dead. I get it but it still takes a bit of thought in sometimes hectic fighting situations.

The other night I texted you (Wyz) to watch your team as they were rushing. Someone then reminded me that you couldn't see the text. That's why I texted again right at the beginning of what would have been the third round of rushing. They had done it twice but apparently someone told the guilty players because they stopped.
    A little awkward but no biggie.