Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suggestion: identification of players that have been kicked and/or banned

I don't know how hard this would be to implement but would it be possible to assign an icon (much like the Constellation, Admin, or TG icons) to SteamIDs that have been kicked or banned in the past? This would make it very easy to identify repeat offenders so that admins can quickly decide to rekick or reban without too much fuss.

I ask this because when I have tempadmin and someone asks me to kick a player I always ask for some justification or reason first (assumption of innocence before evidence of guilty). In the time it gets to acquire this information the problem player can sometimes cause quite a bit of frustration (for example jumping in the chair and recycling stuff, or continuing to TK other players). If someone asks for a kick or ban and I see that the player has been kicked or banned in the past, I would simply immediately re-kick/ban them first, then ask for the explanation.

This also fixes the problem of someone who, after being kicked for abusive behaviour, rejoins the server under a different nick, and continues to cause problems. One would immediately realize that this is the same player and that he/she needs a (temp)ban.

An alternative suggestion would be to use an admin @say to identify previously-kicked or previously-banned players when they join instead of the icon, so that only admins would see the player's status.
    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: suggestion: identification of players that have been kicked and/or banned

What about the 120 second auto kick feature? Wouldnt it be wrong to be blamed for previous kicks if all you had done was take a quick bathroom break?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point, squeak. If this were to be implemented, only manual invocations of amx_kick, amx_tempban, and amx_ban should be logged, not anything run by scripts such as the idle kicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem I see with this is that people will automatically assume the worst about someone who has a kicked Icon. Might make it hard for someone who wants to behave after messing up in the past.

But it would aid in finding trouble makers who return with a different name.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

90% of players who are kicked for negative behavior don't come back anyway, at least not on a longterm basis. I don't think it's worth the risk of blacklisting someone who was kicked for something trivial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't have in mind that this would be a permanent blacklist- just information that eventually expires. For example, let's say kick information gets stored for 24 hours and ban information gets stored for 72 hours. So when someone who has been kicked would join the server, the admins would get a message like "WARNING: User 'BORTSKULL' was kicked in the last 24 hours." or something along those lines. Once the 24 hours are up, the warning would no longer appear when they join the server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it would be visible to admins only, it would probably be helpful info. Maybe even include the number of times they have been kicked recently, to help determine if a tempban is appropriate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok is there a way to only tag multiple names on same ID. regardless ok previous kick/Ban, I think it would be good to know if the same steam ID were coming in under new names. when it sees you a second time and with a diferent name than last it flags you so you can watch that player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An admin at my old TFC hangout made a plugin like this, but for adminmod. I'll see if I can track it down.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2