Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know of a good car stereo?

Over this past weekend my jeep was broken into and the car stereo stolen... all from within my "secure" parking garage. (honestly, I don't know why we have to pay those security guards. they don't do shizzle.) The thief pulled off my center console and ripped out my alpine CD/mp3 stereo.

Since my vehicle is a jeep wrangler soft-top, I'm debating putting the stock radio back in. I can't lock my doors because the windows unzip or the perp will just cut the soft-top.

Anyway, I used to have an Alpine CDA7894 CD/MP3 player. That model is several years old, but it worked great. Now I need to find something new to stick in there.

Any suggestions? Only requirement that I have is that it can play mp3's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Anyone know of a good car stereo?

Ditto! I took the wagon through a gas-station car wash and even though I turned the radio off, it still broke the antenna. Turns out my antenna is $600 to replace, and I ain't buyin' no $600 antenna.

So we're in the market for a satellite radio/cd changer thingie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought this pioneer one from best buy about two years ago, and have never had a problem with it. Of course I'm no audio connoisseur either

I havent had good experience with sony car cd players though, the knobs seem weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as to leeJo's question I have the XM Sky Fy and I love it. Mine connects to the caset player bt can be connected through a fm modulator that conects to the antana wire. has it's own antana. over 150 chanels(music chanels comercial free). total price is about $150 at most retailers less at wal-mart. $10 per month for service.