Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta 6 Constie Test Has Begun!

Check the Constellation Forums if you're a member. There's no NDA, so I'll be posting my impressions shortly. The rest of you cheapskates can wait until it's released. The test is supposed to be 2 or 3 weeks, so if you've been thinking about donating now is a great time since it's automated by the new site.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Beta 6 Constie Test Has Begun!

Cheapskates.

heh.

You're welcome on our server for free anytime, Zek.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've stood up a beta6 server at the following address:

67.19.59.226:27018

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screeennn Shooooootttssssss

I Demand Them.

(edit: anti caplock mod? ftw.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah... so how is it set for consties only? Is it steam ID set?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, steam ID

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67.19.59.226:27018 was full all night with people waiting in line.

I must say... beta6 fits like an old glove. Several of the maps have been changed so much that parts of them feel entirely new, but all of them played very well (love the new column in ns_tanith's Waste Hive).

Nothing too noteworthy that isn't in the changelog. A few bugs (deafening shotgun sounds for the commander), but nothing major that I've seen.

LOVE THE NEW BILE BOMB. LOVE. MORE RANGE THAN MONTANA CATTLE. LOVE IT.

Anyway, much love for beta6 so far. Being able to personally thank Flayra tonight was a treat, too, as he played several games with us.

I'll be posting the RCON password for this server in the Member Forums in order to maintain an admin presense on the server (which is mine, not TG's -- enforce whatever ruleset you're comfortable with).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Anyway, much love for beta6 so far. Being able to personally thank Flayra tonight was a treat, too, as he played several games with us.
    ... thats COOL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The star of the B6 show for me, as an alien player at heart, is the upgrades. First of all, two significant undocumented changes:

-Upgrade times are significantly faster, I'd estimate about twice as fast
    -You now lose upgrades upon evolving

That combined with them being free means that all skulks will always take upgrades. That in itself does wonders for the skulk-friendly Movement and Sensory chambers. Movement first means all your skulks will have Celerity or Silence, and sensory first means Cloaking, Focus and SoF. And then there's the new Cloaking. Hot damn. The changelog speaks for itself, but don't get the wrong idea; you can't just run around and be a ghost to marine bullets. If you jump out like an idiot they'll see you, and once you get shot cloaking comes off right away. It's actually good for two things:

1.) Increased full cloaking speed. You can be running full speed and hear a marine and stop, and you're fully cloaked right away. You can also run for quick bursts if you need to cover more distance, then go right back to being stealthy.

2.) Improved element of surprise. 30% cloaking makes it a little more difficult to lock on to your target at first, so even if you reveal yourself a couple meters from the marine they will have a harder time shooting you right off the bat. Once you're in the open it doesn't help much, but for the first second or two of being revealed it hurts the marine's reaction times.

The only negative aspect to all this is that passive regeneration sucks. It's useless. Maybe they'll fix it soon(currently it heals at half the listed changelog speed), but until then Fades and Onoses still need Ds just as badly as before. Movements and Sensories are lower lifeform chambers predominantly, and Fades will still have a real hard time without Cara or Regen. We've got a couple weeks left to work this out so I'm still optimistic.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amazing!
    wyz, think you could get a photogallery like your old one for 3.0 up? i'd really love to see some pictures.

I've been meaning to get a constie icon.. maybe ill do it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: Beta 6 Constie Test Has Begun!

cant wait to play on your beta 6 server
    ''I'm on a mission from god''

-Elwood Blues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come back soon everyone. it's been lonely in the regular, old beta 5 server these last couple days.
    --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when is the rest of us going to be able to play this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 or 4 weeks... maybe.

The developers are waiting a week for the constellation members to get used to the changes before they start balancing. Once that starts, the time it takes to have a public release will all depend on how successful the balancing and bug crushing goes.

Beta 6 is probably gonna be the final version of 3.0. This fact has got me thinking that the BUS may be on its way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast