Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate turbulence

I know that turbulence isn't supposed to cause plane crashes and the like, but last night I had the worst ride of my life. I've probably flown over 100 times and for the most part am able to handle rough turbulence.

Last night however was a different story. For the last half our (or more) of the flight, including the landing, we were rocked and shaken. Most people had to hang on to their seats. The seat belt kept me in mine a few times thankfully. There were women screaming and kids crying as we were tossed around. I saw couples holding hands and had their arms wrapped around each other. I was still shaking a bit myself for the next twenty minutes after getting off of the plane.

Now, I get to jump back ON a plan on Monday. Maybe I should think of changing jobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I hate turbulence

Had a similar ride when I was traveling a lot. I made the mistake of looking out the window and seeing the wings of the plane flapping like a bird. That was 10 yrs ago and it still freaks me out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I hate turbulence

That Far Side cartoon where the pilots announce that they're coming up on some "more turbulence" came to mind....