Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Servers need more admins.

I'm sure I am not the only one that have noticed the servers are starting to fill up with ppl that have no attention of playing by the rules. We really could use more admins or a way to boot trouble ppl from servers. I have noticed some servers running a Irc channel just for that, with admin there 24/7. Just a thought...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Servers need more admins.

if i may make a suggestion (not sure if anyone has brought this up before)
    password protect one of the servers and only pm it to the peeps that deserve it.
    it would free up the admins...so that they would only really have to worry about 1 server.

just my 2 cents...

a.c.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are definitely people who have no intention whatsoever of playing by the TG rules.
    It's kinda funny how the timing works: Several guys say "F**k your rules"... then an admin shows up some time later and the idiots either just left or start playing properly.
    I know from my admin time in DC and BF:V that rules are often a pain to enforce and will not be followed when there are no admins present. That makes a server pretty much suck a lot of the time.

I think a problem with making one private is that it'll likely be available only to members. That's not a problem for me as I paid up... however only one of my |TGS| pals have done the same. Those who haven't paid would of course need to be screened somehow which would in itself be a time consuming effort.

I agree that there needs to be more server admins but it is far from my decision.
    Is there a way to allow certain people limited admin rights? Rights such as 'kick' but not 'ban'?
    A more constant presence by those with the power to do more than 'see if I can track down an admin' would undoubtedly help alleviate the problem.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooper
    however only one of my |TGS| pals have done the same. Those who haven't paid would of course need to be screened somehow which would in itself be a time consuming effort.
    Not really, depending on who's word you'd take that a player has the TG 'spirit'. I think most of the folks that have bothered to come here, register, participate a bit, etc. are known/getting known as team players and could quickly be screened - if they can't be arsed to at least visit the website once in a while, then no password.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're really close to adding on 4 more admins. Once the current admins give their approvals the e-mails will be going out. Should be this evening!

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: Servers need more admins.

This is why I play here, the quick reply to a problem. Thanks guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Servers need more admins.

Nice to hear about the increase in admins! I really don't mind trying to educate people, but when they hurl abuse and TK you, it really gets boring quickly :-(

Root

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes yes, more admins will make the servers much better.

Like I sometimes tell someone who's complaining about the rules: "There are plenty of servers without rules."
    We like playing a tactical type game around here. We pay for the servers. We set the rules. Simple yet elegant.

This is a great place with a great bunch of guys. That's why I latched on like a sandspur (see Florida) when I found it. If I ever get over my CS:S addiction I look forward to playing some Joint Operations with some TG peeps. And some BF and some DC and some BF:V.... hehe. Oh, and I heard about Enemy Territories the other day...

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from the addiction of admins. Maybe we could get some temp admins. The TG NS server has this plug in that allows members to become temp admins if a regular admin isn't present. The four more admins will help alot though.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be working on a temp admin solution once SourceMod is released. No release date is announced.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^Wyz ftw
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to do what I can on the server to keep things running smoothly.

Sometimes people just need some communication or a few stern words to go the right direction with their play, sometimes unfortunately but not very often they need to be booted after ignoring the warnings. I think thats all we can do as players, is try to make the environment unwelcome and undesireable for people who don;t want to follow the way we want to play, and make it as welcome as possible for those that do.

It would be nice to have access to "Console" warnings for any of the supporting members. Maybe a custom coded solution to allow supporting members to progressively discipline public players and give preset Console messages, but without unlimited rcon access that an admin/moderator would have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try and help keep things in order when there are no admins around, but I hope someone will tell me if I'm being too vocal.

Root

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

real pain when there's a bunch of arses who don't play by the rules that get to stay instead of me lol :P
    Last edited by Vulcan; 01-20-2005 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9v and scooper are new admins - who are the other 2? Lord knows we needed 'em tonight :-(

Root

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast