User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor AWP...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor AWP...

Why was the AWP removed? I was told today that it was an unfair advantage... I dont realy see it as an advantage, both sides can use the weapon. I dont even recall seeing a coversation about removing this from the game?? Also, it was mentiond that the auto might also be removed?? Whats going on here?!?!?
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Poor AWP...

The only reason the AWP ever made it onto this server is because we initially lacked the admin tools to remove it from play. PCS servers of old banned the weapon after popular demand dictated that it harmed gameplay more than it helped.

Popular demand is about to sign the autosniper's death certificate on this server.

I would personally prefer that both weapons be in the game, but my preference to do here as the majority wishes is greater.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where and when was it determined that the majority wanted the two weapons removed?
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to say also that I enjoy this game unmodified. It's a game of aim and experience.
    Perhaps there would be a way to limit the purchase of an AWP and AUTO to 1 per side?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hadn't seen the complaints or thread about the auto sniper. Why is it getting complaints?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImAWuss
    I just wanted to say also that I enjoy this game unmodified. It's a game of aim and experience.
    Perhaps there would be a way to limit the purchase of an AWP and AUTO to 1 per side?

I enjoy it unmodified as well

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm recalling comments I've witnessed on the server.

dumbass campers for one thing but when they have autosnipers??? = fags
    autosnipers are like tampons they're only used by pussies
    hahah the awp is banned and the auto isnt?
    i am beginning to see what you mean about the autosniper, ranger
    Pointless with a pistol against an auto sniper, may as well just run away...lol
    so gay cant us awp but you can us auto-snipe. you dont need skills to us that gay gun
    autosniper. bleh
    damn auto snipe
    omg, i really hate the autosniper
    i hate that auto sniper
    auto sniper is ****ing gay
    het auto snipe is cheap
    hey gaz can u ban the auto snipe
    hate that autosniper
    I'm surprised at who uses the auto sniper... I thought it was frowned upon
    again with the auto sniper? You lettin me down Wyz... lol
    TG...it is my humble opinion that if hte awp is blocked the autosniper shoujld be too
    wow...autosniper is so lame
    And I could find 100 more like it, likely, as that took me 3 minutes of effort to gather from the logs. People just seem to bitch about it a lot.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImAWuss
    Why was the AWP removed? I was told today that it was an unfair advantage... I dont realy see it as an advantage, both sides can use the weapon. I dont even recall seeing a coversation about removing this from the game?? Also, it was mentiond that the auto might also be removed?? Whats going on here?!?!?
    The AWP was removed from PCS servers years ago. Mostly because so many people used it like a shotgun for CQB, but also because it was so unbalanced and it rewarded twitch-reflexes more than tactics.

The auto sniper suffers from the same problem.

A sniper rifle is not a rifle that you should be firing as fast as you can on a regular basis... How do I say this nicely? I don't think I can. That's just plain dumb, IMO.

Sniper rifles are support weapons that shouldn't be any good at assaulting. Unfortunately, we see in this game that people will clear a room with an AWP or autosniper all the time. From the PCS standpoint, that's wrong, and that's why the AWP was removed years ago and why the new autosnipers are being considered for removal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Re: Poor AWP...

I assume auto snipe is what ppl call the G3 assault rifle with the 2 power scope?

I'm against banning any weapons. At the end of the day, aside from some of the comments in this thread, everyone else I've seen complain about it in other games simply can't be bothered to devise a tactic to defeat someone using these guns in the intended way.

As for CQB, if someone can shoot me with any accuracy in that situation with such an awkward weapon then good luck to them.

Please consider keeping all weapons in the game admins!

Root

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been known to take on several auto-snipers and awps at long range with me using a glock, duelies, p33, and usp.
    They should be banned because they arent meant for sniping.. they are used for CQC.

That's basically reverse of the awp..
    I can CQC with auto sniper and awp, but I can also snipe with pistols. In my opinion, banning the auto sniper is ok, seeing as it IS a little bit overpowered sometimes, and still really accurate, but the awp is ok. The awp, unscoped, is terribly unaccurate.. and the quickscope is almost gone with the slower zoom and delay. The auto sniper is something that is powerful now, and still really accurate unscoped.

The awp should stay, but the autosniper can be gone.

That's just how I see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    I've been known to take on several auto-snipers and awps at long range with me using a glock, duelies, p33, and usp......I can CQC with auto sniper and awp, but I can also snipe with pistols.
    Yeah, well not everyone hacks like you.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done it several times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am cool with the autosniper. BTW I also think its the Ts version that people bitch about the CT version is weaker. But I hate the AWM. Its almost a one shot one kill but if we put it back I don't mind much. The thing I want to see go is snipers in CQB maps like office that is annoying.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in real life, it will kill you in one shot.. usually..

even the TMP, glock, p90, m4.. it all really should.. but only takes you down a few damage :x

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the subject came up on the server again today. Honestly, its in the game why cant we use it?

If we ban the awp? why not the autosniper? ok.. now theres only one sniper.. lets just ban all the snipers! and why not the shotguns? those things are freakin crazy. ive seen one person kill if not half the opposing team with them.
    hey, why dont we ban all the guns? Ts and CTs should talk this over a nice cup of tea.

the gun is in the game for a reason, let us use it.

edit: I remember the orginal days when i came to TG. the very first time i visited the website i saw a banner on the page, and it said
    Play the game it was meant to be played.
    I play NS here and occasionaly CS, and i know taht in NS we play the game it was meant to be played. SO, why do we modify CS so we cant use the awp. personaly, we arent playing the game they way it was meant to be played.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast