Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: teamstacking

tycho

teamstacking

It sucks, dont do it. This is the one major problem that I see with NS on TG. Its regulars have a bad habit of stacking the teams. This makes the games absolutely no fun for the poor souls on the other team. Yes, I know you want to play with your friends..but come on. We all want to have a good fun game - and stacking teams is the way to have crappy games and detract new people from playing.

So lets cut the crap and try not to stack anymore, eh? And go ahead, call me a whiner - I really couldnt care less. Im in this to have a good game and a good time, thats it. Try and help out the pubs a bit more, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay Tycho!

*Clap*

I agree =)

but it's cuz ur friends you would wanna play. for instance, there are times that i would actually play NS if i find that you're on the server...and if better, to join your side of the team.

but overall, you are right though, and i should think about not team stacking as often as i do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I muse about team stacking, and then pick random anyway.

I still remember about two weeks ago being surprised how long the marine tube was for Hera's readyroom.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get ur pub team wroking together and you will have bragging rights when you win :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    Don't. Look at the teams and choose for yourself. Quite often there are only a few players on the server and it is very important that you don't give aliens the extra player. If there is an extra player the rhines should have it.

And tycho is very right. I'm sure we are all guilty to some extent.
    /slap!
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

FireMarshal
    Ok well as I do see some what of a point.. think about this.... even though some of these guys are not "regular" TG players does not make them weak!! I have seen many TG'ers on one side and many non-TG'ers on the other and TG guys still get there ass spanked... Although I know where this is comming from... keep an open mind and know that some of the new players to our server are just that..... "New to the server".... not the game...

I feel sometimes the Team Stacking cry is a cop-out cause some have a weak game...

Crying and Making Excuses Is For The Weak Gentleman

get on a team and play your ass off to win the mission and help the team...

tycho
    I was refering to last night as a general case. We had a team of marines where we had 1 rambo, 2 guys without Mics, and a new player to NS ( OP8's friend, good team player ).

Basically it was us against some very good TG/TR regulars. No amount of working our asses off was going to get us a win. And I hate saying that because I hate giving up.

And yes FM, crying and making excuses is indeed for the weak, and too often to folks bitch about team stacking as a lame excuse for a loss.

However, Teamstacking is a problem on this server. How much longer are we going to stick our heads in holes and ignore the problem? Maybe when we dont get any more new players?

Hell, I know that the marine team i was on last night complained about the stacking after we got dominated completely by the aliens.

Anyway, enough ranting from me. Next time before you join : look at the teams and pick one that needs help, not just the one that has the best chance of winning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    Don't. Look at the teams and choose for yourself. Quite often there are only a few players on the server and it is very important that you don't give aliens the extra player. If there is an extra player the rhines should have it.
    That's what I got surprised at the marine tube in the Hera RR: I do look before I leap in the middle of a game. Though lately, it seems I've been on to even the teams since the marines already had an extra man... odd.

At the beginning of a map though, I can't remember the last time I went though a regular team door.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh...yes. I have been begging people to pay attention to teams since last april when we first reopened the server to being public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximae
    One suggestion: if access is opened up to the public again, PLEASE all regulars evenly distribute yourselves among the 2 teams if it is possible. Nothing is more frustrating than being on a team of 8-9 ppl, with only 1 other reg facing a team with 4-6 regs. As happened with me this weekend, you ask for backup and 1 person shows up (yes, the only other reg) the others are all doing who knows what. The non-regs on the reg dominated team get a good idea as to what the server is like, but the other team will see just another pub.
    Here's a game from around a week ago:

That's not even the real sasuke that we used to know. [sarcasm]It was a real fun game that showed the pubs what a game on TG is like[/sarcasm]

tycho
    yup, Thats lame. And even I was part of it. Its crap and we all need to stop. Ive been minding myself a bit more, or making sure to be the first one on a team.

I apologise for that one Prox. Makes me out to be a pretty big hypocrite. But still, Prox is/was right - we have to stop the stacking. Its not fun for anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximae

Of course I'm the dead one...

Yeah I remember that game, and it was pretty bad. However if I remember correctly, all the pubs piled into the marine hole. It was either wait a really long time to join marines, or join the already stacked team :?
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts.

I hear people complain about teamstacking about as often as I hear about them complain about the server crashing, shotgun rushes, devour, or any other undesirable that happens from time to time with NS.

I do think it's random by nature, undesireable by design, intentionally avoided and carefully prevented by the greatest and most consciencous of readyroom onlookers, and probably undeserving of the attention it has been given in this thread.

That having been said, I for one will be mindful now as I join a team.

As a great man once said...

Quote Originally Posted by tycho
    Im in this to have a good game and a good time, thats it.
    Wyzcrak

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt you say that once before wyz?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    Didnt you say that once before wyz?
    I've said that several times. And there. And then. And where.

Wait.. what are you talking about? :shock:

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast