User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The religion of peace strikes again!

Kuwaiti 'slit daughter's throat'

He thought she was having sex. Just a little tough love for Allah!

What a charming people.

Adnan Enezi - an employee in the Islamic Affairs ministry - had just returned from the pilgrimage to Mecca.

He allegedly bound and blindfolded his daughter, Haifa, knelt her down in front of her two brothers and sister and then cut her throat.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The religion of peace strikes again!

generalization ftl
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    generalization ftl
    Yes, plenty of other religions do this all the time....

Also from the story:

Thousands of women are killed by relatives each year in the Middle East and Asia in so-called honour crimes - usually over suspected adultery, pre-marital sex or after having being raped, or marrying without family consent.
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which religion are you guys talking about?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USN_Squid
    Yes, plenty of other religions do this all the time....
    I hope you're not being sarcastic. The only reason these things don't happen in the US is because we are not a theocrasy (much to the Christian Coalition's chagrin).

How about this: Christian wackos bomb abortion clinics, therefore all Christians are baby-killers. Makes perfect sense to me. Stereotypes rock.

Women are second-class (if even) citizens in these countries, just like they were not more than 40 years ago in America. Sure, we weren't as extreme about punishment for misdeeds (except if they were a minority), but oppression is oppression no matter if religion is used as an excuse or not. And I do mean excuse. These people use religion as an excuse to feel justified in what they do. "God's will be done." You'd be surprised how much Islam and Christianity have in common.

PS: Buddhists and Jews are ok in my book because they seemed to have left the "burn them all" part out of their faith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moral relativism causes some nutty behavior.

Show me some articles about how women were having their throats cut by their fathers in this country 40 years ago.

Tell me about how Christian wackos have killed thousands of abortionists annually in the world. Never mind that abortions end millions of lives annually. Who's wacky?

In your logic Eric Rudolph makes Christians just as bad as the Nazis who perpetuated the holocaust.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess some people are comfortable labeling all Germans <insert judgemental term here> after observing the Nazis.

I'm not. I come off looking ignorant if I do that, so I try to avoid it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you making this connection? It's not fair to label all Germans based on the Nazis behavior, just like it would be wrong to label all muslims based on extremist Islamists behavior. But it's perfectly fair to label Nazis and extremist islamists as nutjobs who need to get gone.

Lots of good card-carrying liberals seem to feel perfectly justified in labeling all Christians and telling us what we think about things. Why not just make up a slur and call us that? Christian: the new black.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looked to me like you were referring to people who answer to Allah.

I always hate to see misunderstandings which spawn from assumed clarity.

Perhaps 'sarcasm over clarity ftl' is more appropriate here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leejo
    Show me some articles about how women were having their throats cut by their fathers in this country 40 years ago.
    "Different strokes for different folks." And yet you miss the whole "oppression is oppression in whatever form it takes."

Do some research on female Sufferagists and see the crap they went through to get their rights. It disgusted the crap out of me what the "God fearing" men in power pulled back then.

Tell me about how Christian wackos have killed thousands of abortionists annually in the world. Never mind that abortions end millions of lives annually. Who's wacky?
    Extremists on all sides are equally dangerous. Here in America, extremists find different ways to ruin peoples lives.

In your logic Eric Rudolph makes Christians just as bad as the Nazis who perpetuated the holocaust.
    The radical ones: Hell yes they are. You ever listen to Ann Coulter?

You also missed the whole point I was trying to make:
    It sucks being stereotyped doesn't it?

PS: MY GOD CAN BEAT UP YOUR GOD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought my post would bring this response. Why is it we are perfectly willing to bash Christians on this forum, but take an easy jab at muslims and you're in big trouble.

I don't believe that all muslims are radical extremists. I don't because it's not true and despite what some right wing nut jobs say there are plenty of Muslims denouncing violence and the extreme interpretation of the Koran. Of course they are living with death threats, but I digress.

There is absolutely no comparison between fundamentalist Christians today, and fundamentalist Muslims...none.

-Priests molesting little boys can not be compared to genital mutilation of little girls.
    -Missionaries claiming you must convert or be damned to hell is not massacreing and genocide as in East Timor, Algiers and various parts of Africa.
    -Preaching anti-abortion with threats of excommunication is not the same as State sanctioned region wide encouragement of violence.
    -Catholic schools and their strict rules and mean nuns is not the same as teaching children that a certain race is equal to pigs and should be exterminated.

I simply do not believe that terrorists are acting they way they do because they are poor or oppressed. Most of the hijackers on 9/11 came from middle class highly educated families. But there is one thing they had in common, extremist islamic beliefs. The states they come from benefit by having a certain amount of hatred espoused in their state run papers, schools and mosques.
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HUH?

Ann Coulter is like the Nazis who murdered millions exactly how?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeniX
    It sucks being stereotyped doesn't it?
    No, trying to have a sensible discussion with a barking moonbat sucks.

Oppression is NOT the same oppression in any form. Comparing women's sufferage in this country to the holocaust or the way women are treated in many 3rd world countries is....daffy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leejo
    Kuwaiti 'slit daughter's throat'

He thought she was having sex. Just a little tough love for Allah!

What a charming people.

comment on the situation, dont comment on the religion. christian crusades were going on when the west was less civilised. the history of it in your country is very thin because your country aint that old.

in the rigion they are stuck in the past in many ways... but you want to talk about socially accepted sick acts... talk to yourself about slavery the KKK and then you can say you have had a Gleeming history. just because a muslim man thinks he can kill his daughter, does not mean all muslims are killers.

maybe its a sign of the times that people think it is ok to concentrate on believing that you are better than their whole religion. thats arrogant.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't commenting on the religion I was commenting on the person and the extremism, but while we're at it I'll comment on whom and what I please. You don't seem to appreciate my advice and I don't need yours. You post any damn thing that pops into your mind and I won't comment, and I'll do the same without comment from you, OK?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were referring to one man as a 'people'?

I prefer to give you more credit than that, but you're also accountable for what you say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast