Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72
  1. #1

    phyllis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Media trying to create a story ?

    Who cares ?

    Looks like the man had enough sense to dress for the weather to me....

  2.  
  3. #2

    DudeMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    london England
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Quote Originally Posted by phyllis
    Who cares ?

    Looks like the man had enough sense to dress for the weather to me....

    yeah but with the amount of options at his disposal he could have worn black... it would ahve been fitting.

    while this is just a hype and he proably thought nothing of it, it is, with hiensight, a poor decision.


    www.TeamElement.com

  4.  
  5. #3

    USN_Squid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Yep, that story even deserved air time on Air America too, but not this one:


    Muslims boycott Holocaust remembrance
    New to TG? Start here!

  6.  

  7. #4

    Usarion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Age
    43
    Posts
    604
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Bloody amazing really!!



    A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

  8.  
  9. #5

    DudeMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    london England
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Quote Originally Posted by USN_Squid
    Yep, that story even deserved air time on Air America too, but not this one:


    Muslims boycott Holocaust remembrance

    let them bitch and moan, who cares... they want to boycott this, so be it, but everyone who matters will be ther, if they choose to make themselves an entity that matters they will show up.

    bloody council of muslims in Britain, they have less brains than sense most of the time.


    www.TeamElement.com

  10.  
  11. #6

    NewsWrthy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    I think that the Muslims are fitting in well. It is the staple of western sociaty these days to act as self centered and self importiant as you possibly can at all times. It actually reminds me of " political correctness". Where you can't do any thing with out doing every thing. Oh and I respect the VP far more than the frog prince so if Jacques Chirac wants to dress up to freeze while our VP dresses for the weather, then Hey atlease he wasn't stealing food from Iraqi childrens mouths while armin a brutal dictator.

  12.  

  13. #7

    TheFeniX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NewsWrthy
    It is the staple of western sociaty these days to act as self centered and self importiant as you possibly can at all times.
    Name one coutry whose citizens don't think they are the best in the world. Name a list of people who don't put their own interests above others. America's only been around for 200 years.

    We didn't create the "arrogant prick" routine, we just cornered the market.

  14.  
  15. #8

    CingularDuality's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dallas/Ft. Worth area of Texas, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,861
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Quote Originally Posted by phyllis
    Who cares ?

    Looks like the man had enough sense to dress for the weather to me....
    I disagree. And first I must point out that the story was broken by a fashion reporter, which is totally appropriate, IMO.

    The Vice President was sent to represent the United States of America in a ceremony. Ceremonies are ceremonial. His attire was NOT ceremonial. Practical? Perhaps, but when you represent the United States of America in a ceremony, practicality takes a back seat to many other factors.

    Are there more important things to worry about? Certainly. But the VP messed this one up. No biggie, tomorrow's a new day...

  16.  
  17. #9

    Nightfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    786
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    the british muslims are really pushing their luck in my opinion. the fact that they have more rights and are just as equal with anybody else is good enough. why should they exceed the standards?

  18.  

  19. #10

    USN_Squid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    I disagree. And first I must point out that the story was broken by a fashion reporter, which is totally appropriate, IMO.

    The Vice President was sent to represent the United States of America in a ceremony. Ceremonies are ceremonial. His attire was NOT ceremonial. Practical? Perhaps, but when you represent the United States of America in a ceremony, practicality takes a back seat to many other factors.

    Are there more important things to worry about? Certainly. But the VP messed this one up. No biggie, tomorrow's a new day...
    It doesn't mean anything to me, but it looks like he forgot to bring warm weather gear and borrowed some stuff off the Air Force guys. Doh, Poland in January...hello!
    New to TG? Start here!

  20.  
  21. #11

    CingularDuality's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dallas/Ft. Worth area of Texas, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,861
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Quote Originally Posted by USN_Squid
    It doesn't mean anything to me, but it looks like he forgot to bring warm weather gear and borrowed some stuff off the Air Force guys. Doh, Poland in January...hello!
    Could be... But it doesn't matter, for whatever reason, he was dressed inappropriately for such a solemn occasion...

  22.  
  23. #12

    RYN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Originally from NF now in NB
    Age
    45
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    Could be... But it doesn't matter, for whatever reason, he was dressed inappropriately for such a solemn occasion...

    Fighting for your country is one thing...but freezing you b--ls off for a ceremony is another. He was comfy cosy and he was there...that's all that counts.
    "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
    "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

  24.  

  25. #13

    USN_Squid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    Could be... But it doesn't matter, for whatever reason, he was dressed inappropriately for such a solemn occasion...
    agreed....
    New to TG? Start here!

  26.  
  27. #14

    RYN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Originally from NF now in NB
    Age
    45
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    Quote Originally Posted by RYN
    Fighting for your country is one thing...but freezing you b--ls off for a ceremony is another. He was comfy cosy and he was there...that's all that counts.


    And furthermore....how many people there were wishing they had a nice parka and boots?
    "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
    "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

  28.  
  29. #15

    Pokerface's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    MD, USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,003
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Media trying to create a story ?

    I go with Cing on this one. This hearkens back to the Education Secretary thread; those in a position of power need to be watching their step constantly, as every nuance is judged. Sure we're all human and have the ability to do as we please, but when you're near the top of the food chain, every little bit matters to those under you.

    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

    Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

  30.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Back to top