Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted in the iraqi out-of-country elections.

I just got back from voting, kinda proud about it too...
    there were so many iraqis there comeing from long distances...

I was kinda pissed i had to drive for 1 hour to el-torro military base out in the middle of nowhere, but i shut up when i saw cars from arizona, texas...etc. People freaking flew over to vote, its insane. You had to register a week earlier, so all those people must have driven and flown down to So-Cal twice just to vote...

Goes to show you how proud and dedicated us iraqis are to the newfound democracy that we now have. As a major in political science, i read that democracies tend to succeed more when the previous regime is more despotic and corrupt.

We can only hope the best for the future of iraq.

I just posted this to maybe add to (and bring awareness of) the diversity of the tacticalgamer community.

hip hip....horray.... for democracy!
    Prejudice sucks:
    Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I voted in the iraqi out-of-country elections.

so im assuming you would have argued in favor of the war? correct?

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

correct.

but of course, not for the bull**** reasons that the US gives to go in...

"we must free the iraqis from saddam"

Yeah right...

where were you when you promised to back the uprising against saddam in '91 then pulled out all your forces and let millions get slaughtered....

Same crap they did to the cubans in the "bay of pigs". Iraqis should have learned from history and not trusted the americans... I can almost remember it clearly, bush 1 going on tv, pointing his disgusting shrivled finger, and saying "saddam, your days are numbered".
    Prejudice sucks:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackjackel
    where were you when you promised to back the uprising against saddam in '91 then pulled out all your forces and let millions get slaughtered....
    Feel free to blame the American public for that one.

Also, not millions, thousands or hundreds maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kinda pissed i had to drive for 1 hour to el-torro military base out in the middle of nowhere...

You drove for an hour to get there and you think El Toro/Lake Forest is in the middle of nowhere? You must live in LA... The Hills? West Hollywood? C'mon, where do you live that Irvine, California is considered "middle of nowhere"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, for someone that lives in los angeles, irvine aint exactly the big city....

But I admit, I have seen more "middle of nowhere" Places....

Though, el torro was surrounded by farms and was off the freeway a bit so it seemed kinda like you were in the boonies....

btw, i posted pics and updates on this forum. Since i used their forum to host the pics, i think its only fair to link to the forum and not link the images (bandwidth hog):

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.p...80#post3410780

fenix, not millions initially.... maybe 250,000 at first, but after analyzing videos of people celebrating saddams "downfall" and researching on who participated in therevolt... he probably went back and murdered every one of them...

but your right, maybe not millions, million would probably be more correct.
    Prejudice sucks:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, i posted pics and updates on this forum. Since i used their forum to host the pics, i think its only fair to link to the forum and not link the images (bandwidth hog):

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.p...80#post3410780
    Link is to a members-only page...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Jackal...

I find your pitiful sniviling remarks offensive...and I'm not even an American. If you are so disgruntled with having to drive to vote and for the USA not to have acted in 91? Then go back to your homeland and make a change.

American men and women are dying everyday to try and free that crimanlistic, terrorist cesspool that you call YOUR country. Your country YOU are thousands of miles away from. I find it hypocritical and frankly pure bulsh---t you have the audacity to complain to America.

Give me a break.
    "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
    "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RYN
    Black Jackal...

I find your pitiful sniviling remarks offensive...and I'm not even an American. If you are so disgruntled with having to drive to vote and for the USA not to have acted in 91? Then go back to your homeland and make a change.

American men and women are dying everyday to try and free that crimanlistic, terrorist cesspool that you call YOUR country. Your country YOU are thousands of miles away from. I find it hypocritical and frankly pure bulsh---t you have the audacity to complain to America.

Give me a break.

AGREED... And Im British.

that attitude makes me die, you guys suck ass you should be fighting so that my country is a better place while i sit here in los anglelies and complain on the ****ty job yall are doing...

sorry man not with you.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon, guys, Black Jackel is probably not of "fighting age" yet, or if he is, just barely. He probably moved to the US with his family and had no choice in the matter. Give him a couple of years before you slam him like this... If, after becoming a man, he has the same views and is still sitting on his butt in the City of Angels, then I'll join with you in calling him a coward for not fighting in Iraq.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    C'mon, guys, Black Jackel is probably not of "fighting age" yet, or if he is, just barely. He probably moved to the US with his family and had no choice in the matter. Give him a couple of years before you slam him like this... If, after becoming a man, he has the same views and is still sitting on his butt in the City of Angels, then I'll join with you in calling him a coward for not fighting in Iraq.

im sorry you mean to say he may not have had a choice in the matter, was accepted into the US and then takes this point of view....

sorry worse... and listen cing, he can vote, so he is not young. and i am noit slamming him for not fighting. at the end of the day it was the american and British and whoever else is in the coalitions choice to go to war. but to take such an opinion of a country which has given him safty and gone out of their way to give other iraqis in Iraq democracy is not on imo...

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same crap they did to the cubans in the "bay of pigs". Iraqis should have learned from history and not trusted the americans... I can almost remember it clearly, bush 1 going on tv, pointing his disgusting shrivled finger, and saying "saddam, your days are numbered".
    the bay of pigs and the american betrayal in '91 I too disapprove. i was never really in favor of kennedy in the first place but that doesn't mean i hate him, i just didn't respect him as i would for franklin roosevelt and truman.

i am proud to be an american not because of our corrupted government, but america is ..... well.......let's just say i'm proud just because

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RYN
    Black Jackal...

Give me a break.

First of all, not only did the US "NOT ACT" in 91... THEY PROMISED TO ACT, THEN DIDNT DO IT.

They promised to back the people revolting against Saddam, and they did, after which they pulled out all support and the people were slaughtered.

After the United States pulled out, the "tribes" in iraq said to the united sates that they can handle it, all they had is one simple request:

For the United-States to enforce the "no-fly" zone so that saddam cant use his helicopter gunships to gun down and bomb cities and people.

Well? The U.S. Did nothing to enforce this, they simple let the gunships fly, and this, amongst other things, caused the tribes to loose the fight against saddam.

The "other things" included allowing Saddam's army to cut though U.S. forces to go slaughter the revolters. It almost seemed like the United-States WANTED Saddams army to crush the revolution against him.

How dare you voice you brainless remark on the matter without living in iraq, experiencing iraq, or even knowing any detailed history of iraq. Your views and opinnions are such "asshat", i cant even say many of the things i want to say on these boards.

You have NO IDEA how much I wanted to participate in the war, I even called an enlistment officer. First of all, my parents did not want me to participate in the war and in order for me to keep good relations with them, i had to listen to them. Second of all, when i called the recruiter, I asked him "what about if my squad leader orders me to take down people that I thought were Innocent Muslims", he simply replied "When you took the oath of citizenship, you agreed to fight against any enemy against the United States"... Well, i didnt like the fact that i couldnt decide who was an enemy and who was not, and HAD to shoot at people that werent enemies just because I was told they were.

As for the 1 hour drive, they came into our country and practicly took over our oil (haliburton, etc) and will make millions of dollars in the end (everyone knows this is the REAL reason for the war)

The least they could do is open up one polling place in every major city in the United States.

And besides, as an American, and as part of the United States constitution. I have a RIGHT to criticize my country, I have a right to say "this is right, and this is wrong", THATS the difference between the U.S. and Iraq back when saddam was in power.

As for dudeman, I never said "you guys should be fighting"...

The closest thing to that that i said was "you guys should have fought after you gave iraqi's your promise that you were going to do so, instead of pulling out and leaving them hanging"....

Its people like you guys that make all the terrorists clump in iraq and fight against the United States.

You people make me sick.
    Prejudice sucks:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You people make me sick.
    Man, I was all set to defend you and then you hung yourself with these ignorant remarks... Grow up, educate yourself both on the military and life in general, then come back and decide whether you still think that way. One day you'll realize that there's more to life than what you're seeing right now and I bet you'll regret the things that you just said...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, not only did the US "NOT ACT" in 91... THEY PROMISED TO ACT, THEN DIDNT DO IT.

They promised to back the people revolting against Saddam, and they did, after which they pulled out all support and the people were slaughtered.

After the United States pulled out, the "tribes" in iraq said to the united sates that they can handle it, all they had is one simple request:

For the United-States to enforce the "no-fly" zone so that saddam cant use his helicopter gunships to gun down and bomb cities and people.

Well? The U.S. Did nothing to enforce this, they simple let the gunships fly, and this, amongst other things, caused the tribes to loose the fight against saddam.

The "other things" included allowing Saddam's army to cut though U.S. forces to go slaughter the revolters. It almost seemed like the United-States WANTED Saddams army to crush the revolution against him.

How dare you voice you brainless remark on the matter without living in iraq, experiencing iraq, or even knowing any detailed history of iraq. Your views and opinnions are such "asshat", i cant even say many of the things i want to say on these boards.

You have NO IDEA how much I wanted to participate in the war, I even called an enlistment officer. First of all, my parents did not want me to participate in the war and in order for me to keep good relations with them, i had to listen to them. Second of all, when i called the recruiter, I asked him "what about if my squad leader orders me to take down people that I thought were Innocent Muslims", he simply replied "When you took the oath of citizenship, you agreed to fight against any enemy against the United States"... Well, i didnt like the fact that i couldnt decide who was an enemy and who was not, and HAD to shoot at people that werent enemies just because I was told they were.

As for the 1 hour drive, they came into our country and practicly took over our oil (haliburton, etc) and will make millions of dollars in the end (everyone knows this is the REAL reason for the war)

The least they could do is open up one polling place in every major city in the United States.

And besides, as an American, and as part of the United States constitution. I have a RIGHT to criticize my country, I have a right to say "this is right, and this is wrong", THATS the difference between the U.S. and Iraq back when saddam was in power.

As for dudeman, I never said "you guys should be fighting"...

The closest thing to that that i said was "you guys should have fought after you gave iraqi's your promise that you were going to do so, instead of pulling out and leaving them hanging"....

Its people like you guys that make all the terrorists clump in iraq and fight against the United States.

You people make me sick.
    really, then move back there, or is the life in western countries just too good to leave behind. the same people you slag off right now are freeing your country.

www.TeamElement.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast