Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1

    leejo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    These guys are some kind of noble.

    SUICIDE BOMBER HAD DOWN'S SYNDROME...

  2.  
  3. #2

    DudeMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    london England
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Quote Originally Posted by leejo
    These guys are some kind of noble.

    SUICIDE BOMBER HAD DOWN'S SYNDROME...
    hmmm i guess nobody is deemed free from their homicidal nut job antics.

    what a guy though... saved a crowd of people at a poling station, thats the stuff heros are made from.


    www.TeamElement.com

  4.  
  5. #3

    Wintermute's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,060
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    What does this have to do with Moore? That's as bad as anything he has said.
    Wintermute

    Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

    www.MakePovertyHistory.com

  6.  

  7. #4

    Pokerface's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    MD, USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,003
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Quote Originally Posted by leejo
    These guys are some kind of noble.

    SUICIDE BOMBER HAD DOWN'S SYNDROME...
    Hrm? Michael Moore?
    I read that article a few times, and I didn't see his name mentioned.

    Honestly, I don't have a clue what you're trying to imply.

    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

    Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

  8.  
  9. #5

    IceCold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Michael Moore is of the opinion that suicide bombers in Iraq are not "terrorists" or "insurgents" but that they are "freedom fighters". He has expressed this opinion several times publicly.

  10.  
  11. #6

    Pokerface's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    MD, USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,003
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Ah. Missed that. Thank you.

    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

    Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

  12.  

  13. #7

    DudeMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    london England
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold
    Michael Moore is of the opinion that suicide bombers in Iraq are not "terrorists" or "insurgents" but that they are "freedom fighters". He has expressed this opinion several times publicly.

    even more reason why he should be left alone in a bar with some really pissed off people.


    www.TeamElement.com

  14.  
  15. #8

    _Ender_'s Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold
    Michael Moore is of the opinion that suicide bombers in Iraq are not "terrorists" or "insurgents" but that they are "freedom fighters". He has expressed this opinion several times publicly.
    So?

    I still dont get how this artical is tied to him. It doesnt mention his name at, nor is it about him. So he made an opinion about how they are freedom fighters.. big deal. I just think you're digging at ways to make a point about something thats really nothing at all...

  16.  
  17. #9

    leejo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    My point is that he's repeatedly compared the Iraq "insurgents" to our minutemen, our founding fathers, and called them freedom fighters.

    THESE are the people who's side he's basically chosen. These are the people who in his eyes are more morally justified in their position than the US military. If you accept his judgement, then I guess it's ok to use retarded children as weapons.

    That's "so".

    So my point is that here is yet more evidence that Michael Moore is basically full of crap and that, yes, there is a big moral difference between the way we've operated in Iraq and the way the insurgency has operated.

  18.  

  19. #10

    _Ender_'s Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Quote Originally Posted by leejo
    My point is that he's repeatedly compared the Iraq "insurgents" to our minutemen, our founding fathers, and called them freedom fighters.
    Arent they, in their minds, fighting for their freedom? My understanding is they believe us to be "taking them over" so to speak.

    THESE are the people who's side he's basically chosen. These are the people who in his eyes are more morally justified in their position than the US military. If you accept his judgement, then I guess it's ok to use retarded children as weapons.
    How has he "basically chosen"? He had an oppinion, doesnt mean he is going over there to fight along side them (it would be funny though).

    Besides, Moore isnt saying "its ok to use retarded children as weapons". He is saying, that the terrorists, or freedom fighters, or whatever the hell they are this week, are justified in what they're doing because in their mind, they are fighting for their freedom.

    So my point is that here is yet more evidence that Michael Moore is basically full of crap and that, yes, there is a big moral difference between the way we've operated in Iraq and the way the insurgency has operated.
    How? because he stated and opinion? I dont get how Moore saying "They're freedom fights" leads to you thinking he said its ok for them to use children as weapons, which is what you're saying.

    It doesnt matter what _we_ think. No matter how moral we think we are, they dont see it that way. So to them, they're fighting for their freedom.

    You're looking at it from our point of view... look at it through their eyes. Would you like it if some nation, just out of the blue, came here and said "We didnt like your old government, so we're going to kill all of them, and a few innocent people, and install the way we do things, because we do them and its the way right.. because we do it this way.". Wouldnt you fight them off too? I would... and thats exactly what they're doing. So yes, to a point they are freedom fighters.

    Dude, seriously, we get it. You hate Michael Moore. Ok, thats fine. You're totally entitled to your opinion on him. Just dont take a story and try to stick Moore into it.

  20.  
  21. #11

    leejo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Jeeze dude, I get it. Thanks for going off for a freakin page defending Michael Moore and explaining logic to me.

    I SEE THE LIGHT NOW.

    Maybe the next time someone feels like spouting off about what a 'tard Bush is they could reference your wise post and just take a pass.

  22.  
  23. #12

    _Ender_'s Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    can you not be an ass for once?

    and people wonder why americans are hated...


    BTW: I'm not defending Moore. I'm tearing your argument apart.

  24.  

  25. #13

    leejo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Huh? Was I supposed to sit at the knee of ender and soak in your lecture with admiration for your wisdom and grace? Yes, people seem to hate Americans so much because we are way too big for our britches, not recognizing when we should defer to much more wise and just Euporeans.

    I made no argument. Michael Moore is on record saying: “The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not ‘insurgents’ or ‘terrorists’ or ‘The Enemy.’ They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow—and they will win.” - 4/14/2004

    He said it. Not me. So when his Minutemen strap a bomb onto a retarded child, why is it totally out of line for me to remember his categorization of these people, and why are you so defensive about it?

    edit: when I read the above MM quote, I can't see how you read that and don't interpret it as his picking a side. Maybe I'm just a right-wing nutjob, but Michael Moore would like nothing better than to see the Coalition efforts in Iraq fall flat on its face, defeated by the REVOLUTION, just so he could say "I told you so." I think he has some company.
    Last edited by leejo; 02-01-2005 at 10:43 PM.

  26.  
  27. #14

    _Ender_'s Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Quote Originally Posted by leejo
    Huh? Was I supposed to sit at the knee of ender and soak in your lecture with admiration for your wisdom and grace? Yes, people seem to hate Americans so much because we are way too big for our britches, not recognizing when we should defer to much more wise and just Euporeans.
    Keep proving my ass theory with every post dont you.

    The simple fact is. You tried to make Moore out to be the bad guy, and I challenged you on it and you lost. You tried to make stuff up to start another "we hate Michael Moore" thread on something that he, for once, didnt deserve.

    Moore had nothing to do with this, yet you wanted to make him look like the bad guy. It was a pathetic attempt. The next time you want to sling crap at somebody, at least make sure his name is in the article.

    I sure if you look hard enough, you can find actually things to start a "we hate michael moore" thread with.

  28.  
  29. #15

    leejo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Michael Moore's Freedom Fighters

    Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    Keep proving my ass theory with every post dont you.

    The simple fact is. You tried to make Moore out to be the bad guy, and I challenged you on it and you lost. You tried to make stuff up to start another "we hate Michael Moore" thread on something that he, for once, didnt deserve.

    Moore had nothing to do with this, yet you wanted to make him look like the bad guy. It was a pathetic attempt. The next time you want to sling crap at somebody, at least make sure his name is in the article.

    I sure if you look hard enough, you can find actually things to start a "we hate michael moore" thread with.
    You keep personally insulting me with each post, which is patently against forum rules and I suggest you check yourself. With regard to who's right and who's wrong on the debate that only you seem to be having....well I'll leave that to others to decide.

  30.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Back to top