Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Membership Explained.

I see there is a way to "subscribe" to TG. What is that all about?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Membership Explained.

Man, we need more brochureware for our memberships. Maybe I'll write that someday.

Essentially, membership is your way to help support the costs of this endeavor we call home and enjoy some members-only benefits in the meantime.

The cost is $6.66/mo for a yearly subscription or $8.95/mo for a monthly subscription. You get a TG email address, TG webspace w/ FTP access, access to a downloads area where we keep downloads related to our games, and you get reserved slots on servers which allow for them (presently our NS and CSS servers). We also have (I think) members-only TS servers. The members-only forums are nice, also.

I nightly enjoy the reserved slots (the biggest benefit given my needs), but I'd support this place because of what it is and what it offers. If you feel the same way, sign up. If not, enjoy your time here and be grateful to those who help pay the bills.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"you feel the same way, sign up. If not, enjoy your time here and be grateful to those who help pay the bills."

Are you trying to guilt me into signing up? -or- Are you calling people that dont sign up freeloaders? :-)

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

I have many friends among us who are not supporting members. Most (if not all) of us who do have memberships understand that not everyone can manage a membership for one reason or another. Also, to be sure, some regulars just don't think this place earns their money.

It's not guilt, but let's call a spade a spade. I meant just and only what I said... if you're not to have a membership, enjoy your time here and be grateful.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not quite. Every player helps make TG what it is, paying or not.

Your continued presence and play in the spirit of TacticalGamer is all we require. We beg every now and again for cash, though.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I obviously believe in putting money where my mouth is, I am a firm believer in paying ones own way.

Half Life 2 Source- 50 bucks
    High speed internet-50 bucks
    Schmidt Scout 2750 bucks
    TG membership 8 Bucks
    No longer having to play CS deathmatch-----priceless

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ><JohnGalt><
    Schmidt Scout 2750 bucks
    TG membership 8 Bucks
    Someone please frame that and stick it in the lobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    ...TG email address, TG webspace w/ FTP access
    Webspace? How do be i accessing that then?
    Email address? How do i be accessing that then?

Oh, enjoyed watching your game style t'other night, John! Welcome!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See the members-only forums. I believe it's all explained there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ><JohnGalt><
    Schmidt Scout 2750 bucks
    TG membership 8 Bucks
    Sweet! That's classic.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=GsTA= has both supporting members and non supporting members. we don't require any one to join TG to be a member of our clan BUT we do strongly recomend that if you can afford it, then give it serious thought. Tg is more than the sum of all the games we play. We are a group of friends from many back gounds, who enjoy playing and chatting together. I can not list all of the benifits to TG member ship. I can say that the $400 in prizes I won in the Badger Hunt should say some thing about the benifits. it has been 3 months and I am still hyped. so hey, if you don't join it leaves less compatition for the prizes that Luna and Phyllis and DdogG and the rest of the crew convince sponsors to give for the tourneys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schmidt Scout 2750 bucks
    TG membership 8 Bucks
    I love it!!!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Wyzcrak took care of all the explaining for me. Thanks!

We appreciate those that can help support TG, and hold nothing against those that don't have the means or just choose not to. All the proceeds from memberships go towards paying the hosting bills for the web site, TeamSpeak, and the gaming servers. As we get more memberships, we're also able to launch more gaming servers. The influx of new supporting Counter-Strike members enabled us to procure a dedicated physical server for our two Counter-Strike servers.

It's not an overly cheap endeavor to keep TG running, but it's entirely member supported. I try and pay attention to what the member base is looking for in the way of new games, and provide the appropriate resources for them as the funds/memberships allow.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121