User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CO Plugins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New CO Plugins

I've read many posts lately from people who want new plugins to spice up CO gameplay. If the extra upgrades mod is added, for the love of all that is balanced, limit bloodlust, cybernetics, and jetpack fuel.

Many a server have I played on that housed an onos with 5+ levels of bloodlust who would permagore and make guerilla attacks, thus being near impossible to kill.

Likewise, I've seen many JP'ers with resupply who never touch the ground. I'd say a jetpacker with infinite fuel could take a hive down 20% easily before dying.

As far as cybernetics are concerned, I played co_faceoff about an hour ago as a gorge, and noticed that the marines had cybernetics so high that webs didn't noticably slow them down at all.

Finally, I have a theory that the more co maps and plugins a server has, the more exploit/script/bottledhacks users will connect. This is slightly induced by paranoia, but FFS, the TG NS server is the only thing that keeps me playing NS at all. I can only stand so much haxfest on the aero servers late in the evening.

$.02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New CO Plugins

Ive played a server with those upgrades... But i never seen it get that bad. Yes they do get pretty crazy with those upgrades, but if you had any sence youd get a upgrade for yourself that counters them.
    Oyee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think adding plugins to CO will be a problem. At TG I've noticed that no plugins get added that would greatly affect gameplay. All the servers Play the game the way it was meant to be played. On top of that, combat is frequently seen as no more than a "glorified readyroom", and isn't played as the main attraction. So, no one's gonna want to add bells and whistles to it. Especially not The Man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HairyNevus
    I don't think adding plugins to CO will be a problem. At TG I've noticed that no plugins get added that would greatly affect gameplay. All the servers Play the game the way it was meant to be played. On top of that, combat is frequently seen as no more than a "glorified readyroom", and isn't played as the main attraction. So, no one's gonna want to add bells and whistles to it. Especially not The Man.
    Youll get more hits off this one...[The Man.]

And yes, i too think Co is a "glorified readyroom" but at least i can have more fun with it and try new stuff...
    Oyee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Ive played a server with those upgrades... But i never seen it get that bad. Yes they do get pretty crazy with those upgrades, but if you had any sence youd get a upgrade for yourself that counters them."

I have no sense? Not a nice thing to say to a stranger. There aren't any upgrades that a marine can get that will enable them to kill an onos who is permanantly running twice the speed of a marine with the same amount of levels in cybernetics.

The onos runs in, touches the com chair for a few seconds, then runs off. If you were an onos who could get out of harm's reach in two seconds tops, it wouldn't be hard to never die.

I guess I should take your advice though and get an upgrade that counters it... I guess that's why they added the bear traps.

Wait, there aren't any bear traps.

Fudge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tekunogekai
    "Ive played a server with those upgrades... But i never seen it get that bad. Yes they do get pretty crazy with those upgrades, but if you had any sence youd get a upgrade for yourself that counters them."

I have no sense? Not a nice thing to say to a stranger. There aren't any upgrades that a marine can get that will enable them to kill an onos who is permanantly running twice the speed of a marine with the same amount of levels in cybernetics.

The onos runs in, touches the com chair for a few seconds, then runs off. If you were an onos who could get out of harm's reach in two seconds tops, it wouldn't be hard to never die.

I guess I should take your advice though and get an upgrade that counters it... I guess that's why they added the bear traps.

Wait, there aren't any bear traps.

Fudge.

Lol, well, by the time you have a onos with those upgrades your going to lose anyways... So it donst matter. But, if the rines played it smart, they wouldnt let the aliens get to that stage... IE shotgun skulks/swarm fades then they wont get the points to get the upgrade...

Onos = 4 points to upgrade
    EX-Upgrade = Normal upgrade (X;X;X) then a point
    Normal Upgrade = 1/2 points
    Your looking at 6/7+ points before you can see anything like that.

By then youve got Jpers/Hvys with shotguns/hmgs
    Oyee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think such plugins would ever fly here. Wyzcrak is very careful about changing things that might upset the regulars... I think he fears the backlash.

On a side note, tekunogekai you new around here? If so welcome.. and enjoy your stay.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kormendi
    I think he fears the backlash.
    XP Vault scarred me for life.

** shudder **
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    XP Vault scarred me for life.
    I was thinking of that exact instance when writing my earlier post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kormendi
    I dont think such plugins would ever fly here. Wyzcrak is very careful about changing things that might upset the regulars... I think he fears the backlash.

On a side note, tekunogekai you new around here? If so welcome.. and enjoy your stay.
    Yes, I r nubi. Thanks for the warm welcome! Wyz just told me to read the rules and shut the hell up, or I'd be banned and he'd forge "Postage paid by addressee" stamps and mail me obscene amounts of human and animal excrement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tekunogekai
    ... mail me obscene amounts of human and animal excrement.
    Damnit!! I thought that was for paid members only!! Argh.
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

Of all the issues on which the players ever collectively requested my administrative intervention, keeping people from spamming the voicecomm has caught me the most hell from all sides.

Everyone wants the voicecomm quiet until it's their time to talk. I guess we all just like to hear ourselves talk. :P

lol.. yep.. I remember telling you when you first arrived to stop the voicecomm spam. I thought to myself... I'm gonna hear about that again.

It took awhile, but I think I just heard about it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bwahahaha. (;< Yeah well... I really was spamming. I was bored, losing, and dave was agging me on. What was a 3-legged skulk to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for not welcomeing you. I thought it says you joined Jan 2k4, Welcome, and sorry for comin off mean and all, im really a nice guy...

or am i?
    Oyee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a mod that makes the armory shoot laser beams at incoming aliens. Then it would hop around and shoot Wyz in the face.

Or we could have "Siege Pistols/Parasite" night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast