Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evening of the Teams

Just a note: Everyone who plays here regularly is familiar with the "Last man on team switch" rule, however there are exceptions to the rule.

First off: I just played a game on the ns_nothing and the team status was terrible. It started out as a good game, but the aliens lost a few players and it became 6v4. Someone on the marine team was actually first to comment on the situation, but was commander and so probably shouldn't be the one to switch. Even still, after frequent reminders by me and others, no one switched. Instead, the marine team rushed our hive and took it down. It wasn't until someone joined that the teams were even, 3 minutes after the initial request for someone to switch. (We lost the hive by the way). Later in that same game, a bunch of people left at the end and it became 6v3 until the very last second when it was 5v5.

So here goes the first exception: If the last person on your team isn't moving his ass; move yours! Even if the other team is losing, it's hardly a win when you outnumbered them 2:1. Good Job on that win .

Secondly: If you are in an important position on the team (saving for hive/fade/commander...ect.) and in the last place notify your team. Tell them that it is not in the best interest for the team for you to switch and it'll become a botched game if you do. After that, second to last player or just whoever volunteers should switch. Once when I was playing I remeber the fade switched before I even had a chance. Another time our commander switched out of the blue.

This rule is not set in stone, or else Wyz would probably have made an automated plugin to force it by now. If you have resources, remember they get distributed. Unless it is for hive/fade/chambers it's no reason not to switch. You deal with the uneven teams when it comes up in a situation, in a way that best suits the situation.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Evening of the Teams

This rule was set in place to give players unable to muster creativity and admins unable to manage a full understanding of all players' contributions to their team a precisely-measurable and immediately-discernable benchmark by which to decide who will switch.

I prefer teams quickly determine who they'll lose when that time comes, be it from the bottom of the scoreboard or otherwise. If the team can't figure it out BEFORE the other team starts making noise, then the last person is who goes.

The practice was set in place because you guys are slow as hell balancing teams and some people feel the need to have a debate every time it comes time to help out. No time for a debate. Fix the teams. If you can do that without the last man on the scoreboard, great. If not, there's your rule.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree...
    Code:
    Oyee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    you guys are slow as hell balancing teams and some people feel the need to have a debate every time it comes time to help out. No time for a debate.
    For the record: I now have a bind that says: "Evening the teams is not an option: it's a requirement."

Unfortunately, most our our prestigious admins are off trying to pull headshots with deagles rather than shotgun rushing the hive.... for shame....

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, my time is consumed by non-game activities moreso recently than before. I'm definately helping CS thrive, but I'm not doing it from the battlefield as much as I'd prefer. What time I have goes first to NS.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Actually, my time is consumed by non-game activities moreso recently than before.
    So when does "Saving Ryan's Privates" go back to the rental store? I'm ready for some 7 vs 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should come play World of Warcraft instead.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    You should come play World of Warcraft instead.
    Hell no. I save $15 every month by quest-grinding around the house.

"Dirty dishes!? I'm your man!"
    *dries last plate*
    - Gained 1550 experience.

"Go to the DPS. Renew your license, and don't upset the troll behind the desk lest you want to wait in the 4-hour line again."
    *arrives back at home, clothes and dignity torn*
    - Gained 650 experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad I can't gank some real humanoids without penalty.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Your faction with the Dallas Police Department has decreased by 3500.

Oh sh*t.