Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting our money where our mouth is

I really enjoy TG style CS but i wonder if we could take this style to a pub server and dominate or be dominated. I would be interested pubbing one of these days with a team to see if TG style is the right style for CS. Either way, TG style if vastly more interesting and intense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Putting our money where our mouth is

This has always interested me, too. We used to have a CAL clan that played here and they would mop up any combination that we could throw at them. I think that was due to individual twitching skills and not tactics, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember once upon a time I played on the United We Stand server which at that time was run by an X-N42 player, Dr. Jones. Mudshark was also playing there and raped them regularly but personally I got myself into the top 5 after a few days by shooting everyone with thunderboots on and got called a camper a thousand times and kicked a few times for just being sneaky. It was easy really... Some deathmatchers out there are virtually unbeatable but many can be had just by listening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think our style would win quite a few rounds. Remember, most pubby servers rush. If we were on offense and waited out the rush, picking them off, they rest of the defensive team would be left in confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol...

I've proven to myself several times that PCS style play is MUCH better than most.

The clan name was LSD. They're ranked somewhere in CAL. Not that great, but they're not bad either..

I played 6 of their best against 1 of me on Piranesi for 2 straight hours. Was trying out for their clan cuz I liked the name.

Let's just say the way I played against them wow'd them. I was quiet, yet quick. Total tactical PCS style, yet without the boundaries.

Left the game in shame. They should've cried. End score was like 20-3 I believe. 3 was when I came up on all 6 of them at once. Whiped about 5 and the "click-click" of doom came knocking... lol

IMHO, PCS > pubby play anyday. Total pwnt..

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Mom
    Lol...

I've proven to myself several times that PCS style play is MUCH better than most.

The clan name was LSD. They're ranked somewhere in CAL. Not that great, but they're not bad either..

I played 6 of their best against 1 of me on Piranesi for 2 straight hours. Was trying out for their clan cuz I liked the name.

Let's just say the way I played against them wow'd them. I was quiet, yet quick. Total tactical PCS style, yet without the boundaries.

Left the game in shame. They should've cried. End score was like 20-3 I believe. 3 was when I came up on all 6 of them at once. Whiped about 5 and the "click-click" of doom came knocking... lol

IMHO, PCS > pubby play anyday. Total pwnt..

-Mom
    Yeah, but if you were by yourself, that only demonstrated personal skill, not PCS tactics. I want to know if the teams are of equal twitching skill, who wins? Pub deathmatching fragmonkeys, or a PCS team? Conventional wisdom says PCS wins, but I've never seen it proven...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    Yeah, but if you were by yourself, that only demonstrated personal skill, not PCS tactics. I want to know if the teams are of equal twitching skill, who wins? Pub deathmatching fragmonkeys, or a PCS team? Conventional wisdom says PCS wins, but I've never seen it proven...
    i jumped on late tonight and it was a few normals taking on a NOC| i think it was...
    after i joined on contra.. i think they were ahead about 4 rounds.. we ended up losing to them 9-6or7 i think.. not to bad.. i was to woozy to help enough.. but i think from the start we could have gotten them.. but they also knew map better than or guys..

i think PCS would win most times!
    we proved tonight we were pretty close!
    -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
    "Real Me Scout"
    Pronunciation: 'skaut
    Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
    1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
    2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
    3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
    4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
    5 : headshot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In absolute, TRUE tactical based playing, PCS/TCS rules, and I mean TRUE, tactical play will always win, IMHO. There are exceptions, I know some people that rush, and run around looking for kills, and Ive seen them wipe the floor with the best of the sneaky's. But, again, I feel if you are absolutely true to the meaning and concept of tactical play, not only will you naturally grow in skill/talent, the game is SOOOOOO much more fun. Wow i remember when i used to play on pubs NEVER AGAIN!
    We are the music makers,
    and we are the dreamers of the dream.
    Wandering by lone sea breakers,
    and sitting by desolate streams.
    World losers and world forsakers,
    for whom the pale moon gleams.
    Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.