Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Designing a New PCS Map...Need Feedback!

Ok...Im designing a map...that i will be constructing next week...i need some opinions and feedback on what i have done so far...so feel free to say what ever is on you mind. Here is the website that contains the pic...If is doest appear or is hard to see....let me know and i will email you a pic...appreciate it.

MAP= DE_CS_TwinTowers

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/whooma...01.jpg&.src=ph

-Monkerz
    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Designing a New PCS Map...Need Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by MONKERZ
    Ok...Im designing a map...that i will be constructing next week...i need some opinions and feedback on what i have done so far...so feel free to say what ever is on you mind. Here is the website that contains the pic...If is doest appear or is hard to see....let me know and i will email you a pic...appreciate it.

MAP= DE_CS_TwinTowers

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/whooma...01.jpg&.src=ph

-Monkerz

looks liek a good idea far as placement and all.. but two objectives? woh... good luck lol
    -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
    "Real Me Scout"
    Pronunciation: 'skaut
    Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
    1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
    2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
    3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
    4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
    5 : headshot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i was thinking about that EssenceOfJudas...But then i was also think...Vulcan and Yer Mom and I have been thinking about multi objective maps...and the idea has sortta been sticking...so iono....we'll try it and if it dont work i can change it.
    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We used to play a multi objective map here in 1.6... I hated it, but that was just me.. Right now, any good map would be a welcome addition to the server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    We used to play a multi objective map here in 1.6... I hated it, but that was just me.. Right now, any good map would be a welcome addition to the server.
    The problem with the csde_maps was similar to the problem we're having right now on the server with regular maps and boundaries. Having two objectives meant both teams were playing defense AND offense, which could easily turn into two teams just running around trying to kill each other. And that's exactly what happened occasionally when both teams decide that they're going to send everyone on the offensive mission and the two teams meet in the middle of the map. If everyone wasn't a PCS player, though, it could easily decline into deathmatch for the whole map and it would be difficult for an admin to say that anyone is doing anything wrong (I'm thinking in terms of pubbies).

That said, I really liked the csde_map that was on the island with the lava down in the tunnels and that little dark forest. csde_tropic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about the double ojectives... but it sounds interesting

I think the map shouldnt have to many objects or textures either, thats just not fun to me, but good luck
    Last edited by nickhastapee; 02-10-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double Objective?!?! Sounds great to me, I haven't checked out the pic(s) yet, I am on my way out the door, but any of you who have played RTCW: Enemy Territory would be familiar with more than one objective, IF this could be incorporated in an economical, tactical way, I am ALL FOR IT
    We are the music makers,
    and we are the dreamers of the dream.
    Wandering by lone sea breakers,
    and sitting by desolate streams.
    World losers and world forsakers,
    for whom the pale moon gleams.
    Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....im trying to think in terms or time...the map is going to have lots of ways outta the building and in to the other...im just wanting something that is going to be bigger and can have people hiding and (sneaking) around...i mean this map is going to be pretty big and have just a couple of people in it is just going to be a waste of time...and (fox 9) i really havent played that game...so i dont know what you are talking about....but ifyou would let me know about that game...ill see if i catn include some of that in the map/game. Thanks for the comments.....KEEP THEM COMING.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can definately understand the disruption in the PCS stronghold with a dual objective map. Although, this gets me back to a subject I've been wondering about for a while...

Is is possible to make the round end in no win for either side if certain objective aren't met? I think that you could possibly make an objective where the CT's or the T's have to atleast reach the 1st floor on the opposite building for the win to be possible. If this was possible to do then the deathmatch would be skipped. There is always going to be a problem with every idea involved in a dual objective map, but if we can find a way to incorporate it into a map without it turning into a deathmatch then I do believe it will be a very good addition to the PCS way.

Also, as far as new maps go. We're developing the server in a way that will discourage idiots from playing all together. With the 20 second wait time that we are supposed to incorporate in to the server, plus the custom maps, I don't believe many people besides regulars will be around anyways.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yer Mom has some great ideas. I hope we can incorporate some, if not all of these into future games. Like what was said before; The quicker we get these concepts out in the open to discuss them, find weakness's and strength's, the quicker we can incorporate these into gameplay. The newer tools we have at our disposal are making the things of yesterday... Today. (BTW, I love that WW quote you have for your signature )

Samurai, about the game. "Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory" It is a full, online-only, FPS. It requires no purchase or payment of any kind. Simply click here -->
    http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil...erritory;14380 =Windows
    http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil...erritory;14408 =Linux
    It has multiple objectives. They are somewhat different do to the RtCW phyics and engine. Also, there are different classes you may pick that have different equipment. But, not to stray from the subject. In addition, there are certain dynamic entry points (choke points or what have you) that are guarded by gates and/or doors. These doors only open for one team, and not the other. This is dependent on map, objectives, and which team you are on. I believe someone may or may not have said something about ET earlier, I can't recall now.

It is good and important that we all express your feelings and thoughts about different things being talked about, or things you want to bring up. I feel it's making a significant difference in not only the way I play, but other's as well. Plus, it is really making the community a better place. Thanks (Thanks for letting me get my 2 cents in too )
    We are the music makers,
    and we are the dreamers of the dream.
    Wandering by lone sea breakers,
    and sitting by desolate streams.
    World losers and world forsakers,
    for whom the pale moon gleams.
    Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fox... I'm going to leave the house and download that and check it out when I get back later on... thanks for the website...

As far as the WW goes... that's me. William Daniel Washington. Yeah, I hate my name, and it's long as piss, but that's all my original work... thanks for you opinion. I want to get it published.

As far as the choke points and etc goes...

Tonight, after I spend the rest of the day with my g/f.. I'm gonna do some digging and see if I can't figure out how to make cut off points on maps. Someone gave me a great idea earlier about my map. Place a tree, or a crevice that is unpassable by one team by passable by another. Maybe say the T's are incapable of climbing over the trees.

I've put a lot of thought into this, and what I want to develop as my first map, and I've determined that the bank idea I had earlier wasn't the greatest. I do believe I'm going to go with the factory setting. A big *** factory with catwalks and vats of boiling liquids etc. Lots of instant death scenarios... the objective as of yet is not decideable. I think I'm going to put a bomb site in the map and make the CT's start with the hosties or a VIP. That way it can be concidered that the CT's have already cleared the target and they are trying to evac when the bombers hit. I'm also going to try to find a way so that the bomb has to be planted before the VIP is killed otherwise T's get no win. That way I can play it off as if the Terrorists were organized before the raid and they have a main objective and an alter objective. I've also thought about an Iraq based map or a desert area in a foreign country where the CT's have to stop a missle launch. But I'm not entirely sure if I can add new objectives...

I'll figure it all out tonight, if I can manage to cram that much information in my skull in what short period of time I will be working with...

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n