Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something needs to be done

Unfortunately, tg style play is easily ruined by a couple of idiots who refuse to leave. This is especially annoying during the day when no admins are available. Everyone that plays on the server on a regular basis knows and respects the rules. Why canít limited admin authority be bestowed on a few members so there will always be someone available to kick or better yet ban, those players that we would never want to see playing on the servers again?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Something needs to be done

As has been mentioned several times, as soon as the tools are available, we will attempt to make a temp-admin plugin available.

In the meantime, there is no way to guarantee admin presence on the server 24 hours a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ><JohnGalt><
    Unfortunately, tg style play is easily ruined by a couple of idiots who refuse to leave. This is especially annoying during the day when no admins are available. Everyone that plays on the server on a regular basis knows and respects the rules. Why canít limited admin authority be bestowed on a few members so there will always be someone available to kick or better yet ban, those players that we would never want to see playing on the servers again?
    srry John.. i've tried the tools arent availalbe for temps yet.. :P
    -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
    "Real Me Scout"
    Pronunciation: 'skaut
    Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
    1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
    2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
    3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
    4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
    5 : headshot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand your feelings.....but i dont think we should have temp admins that are able to ban other players....i know for a fact that they would abuse that priv....i mean...we can have the temp admins kicking players that are refusing to play as a team (Frag-Monkey)...but i am totally against the temp admin banning thing.....just dont want to be kicked by someone that doesnt like me....lol....

-Monkerz
    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MONKERZ
    but i dont think we should have temp admins that are able to ban other players....i know for a fact that they would abuse that priv....
    "All encompassing statements are always wrong." Hehe, seriously though:

Not that I don't agree with you, but I wouldn't abuse the privilege. It takes a Hell of a lot for me to even kick a player off the NS server with temp admin. I can't imagine what they'd have to do for me to ban them (if I had that power). I'd probably just PM wyz and let him deal with it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Temp Admin rights would only be available to Supporting Members, and only when an admin is not on the server. It will not be abused in any way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With great power comes great responsibility. I believe that admins abusing power is a serious breach of trust and should be treated accordingly. I think there needs to be a private forum where players post a s##t list of players that repeatedly (more than twice) blatantly disregard the rules. That way if their name appears a few times on the list admins can ban. I am sorry for taking such a staunch position on this matter since I am new to the servers, but I really believe that once the word gets out that TG is not afraid of banning (not that they are) after the first warning, that way the server will only attract those players we like playing with.

Also, what if the console automatically posted the number of perma bans to date, that way new players would know that the TG admins mean business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, what if the console automatically posted the number of perma bans to date, that way new players would know that the TG admins mean business.
    That's a pretty good idea. Give me admin and I'll show you a pure PCS server.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many of you are not familiar with the temp admin program that has long been in place on the NS server. It is unique within Tactical Gamer (and perhaps the world, since I custom-built it).

Yes, it gives supporting members a lot of trust. This trust helps make the our server a VERY nice place to play NS (like you guys with CS, many people now play NS only on our server), as they have full power to kick and temporarily ban players.

Put simply, the same resources that educates supporting members about these commands also educate them about the very severe consequences that come with abusing them. Once someone has a command, nothing prevents them from abusing it, but MANY OPTIONS exist to prevent them from being given the chance to abuse them TWICE.

Natural Selection is a very difficult game to maintain a community for because the game simply cannot be played in small numbers. The NS server is regularly full in the evenings, when the TG playerbase knows we'll all be home from work and otherwise available.

CS suffers not from this time-driven activity, as many more players exist within the game's playerbase and the game can provide much of its potential satisfaction despite a relatively small player count (players, therefore, are less hesitant to join an empty server -- this, in turn, helps empty servers more quickly become full servers).

I could easily see our CS server being VERY active 24/7 once (*if*, as it depends on yet-unreleased SourceMod) the temp admin program comes to CSS, as it essentially extends to supporting members basic admin coverage when admins are not available. Imagine an environment where you NEVER have to tolerate the idiots. THAT is what justifies the temp admin program.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    I could easily see our CS server being VERY active 24/7 once (*if*, as it depends on yet-unreleased SourceMod) the temp admin program comes to CSS, as it essentially extends to supporting members basic admin coverage when admins are not available. Imagine an environment where you NEVER have to tolerate the idiots. THAT is what justifies the temp admin program.

*on edge of seat waiting*
    -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
    "Real Me Scout"
    Pronunciation: 'skaut
    Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
    1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
    2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
    3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
    4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
    5 : headshot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*FELL OUT of seat with excitement*
    We are the music makers,
    and we are the dreamers of the dream.
    Wandering by lone sea breakers,
    and sitting by desolate streams.
    World losers and world forsakers,
    for whom the pale moon gleams.
    Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.