Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Is there a way to force people to read the server rules? That is, having that screen that opens up when you first join the server remain open for say 30 seconds. That way unless one is illiterate, they would have no excuse for disobeying the hand of god also known as the console. Maybe it would take pressure off the admins that I am sure would rather be playing than babysitting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question

I dont know that we are going to get these ppl to read this...they just think every server is a fragmonkey server...they just get tired of being pwned all the time.....lol...and et some ppl are just doing that to push the admins.....i mean i would have no problem kicking or banning some once that is a repeat affender....i have all ways wanted to punish someone.......roflmao.....naw but anyways .....i dont think there is a way around this prob unless we can somehow get a texture of the rules and apply it to the T and CT spawn in every map....but i dont think that is going to happen...
    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be nice. Like an "I Agree" thingy to enter the server.. But I'm sure that no such thing is possible in CSS.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Admins can execute commands on clients. I'm typically not a fan of this, as there's usually a more elegant method of getting your point across.

If someone can tell me the command that a player can execute on his own console to view the MOTD of a server you've been on for a while (as opposed to when you first join), admins could start executing that command on players and asking them to read the rules.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Admins can execute commands on clients. I'm typically not a fan of this, as there's usually a more elegant method of getting your point across.

If someone can tell me the command that a player can execute on his own console to view the MOTD of a server you've been on for a while (as opposed to when you first join), admins could start executing that command on players and asking them to read the rules.
    That would be pretty darn cool :-) I actually had someone disconnect the other night, just so that they could reconnect and read the MOTD. That's it for this millenium I guess. I think that in general though, the people we have trouble with just don't care. I find the dangerous ones are those whom console speaks to by name, and they carry on being dead until the next round starts and then do exactly the same thing again.

Root

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... I never thought about executing the 'retry' command on clients who you'd otherwise consider kicking.

That would sure as hell get their attention, AND it puts the MOTD in their face.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Hmmm... I never thought about executing the 'retry' command on clients who you'd otherwise consider kicking.

That would sure as hell get their attention, AND it puts the MOTD in their face.

I was gonna mention the "retry : client side " didnt know what people would think about it.. ...

thats good.. its very worth a try..
    -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
    "Real Me Scout"
    Pronunciation: 'skaut
    Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
    1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
    2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
    3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
    4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
    5 : headshot