User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video Game Leads to Triple Homicide

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,147722,00.html
    Where's gun control when you need it? :P

(The above comment from Pokerface had a smattering of humor in it)

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Video Game Leads to Triple Homicide

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,147722,00.html
    Where's gun control when you need it? :P

(The above comment from Pokerface had a smattering of humor in it)
    Yes that officer had terrible gun control:

"Thompson is accused of killing the three men in June 2003 after being brought to the Fayette police station on suspicion of driving a stolen car. Thompson allegedly grabbed one of the officer's guns, shot him and the other two, then fled in a patrol car."

"At a December hearing, authorities said Devin Thompson, when he was apprehended, told officers, "Life is a video game. You've got to die sometime.""

This thread runs parrallel to the other on this same subject, but I'll put this here anyway. I have no doubt that video games CAN do this to some people, but if it wasn't a video game it would've been a TV show, or the local bad kid criminal that he befriended, or his daddy who smacked him around. Some people are influenced by anything. It isn't the games fault, nor the developer's, or the store that sold it, or the cashier geek, or any of the other people they're sueing. The kid's an idiot.
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the US for you... we need to blame someone / something else for our failures.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame Ender.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, there was no murder before video games.. Or was it that there was there no murder before heavy metal music? Or was it that there was no murder before Dungeons and Dragons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace "Life is a video game. You've got to die sometime" with "Jesus told me to do it" and see how fast it holds up in court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just stubbed my toe coming in my room to read this thread. Damn Tactical Gamer... It's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I blame ender too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    Yes, I blame ender too.
    Good!

See, this is the type of personal responsibility that our society is lacking...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    I blame Ender.
    You could have ASKED before using my quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    Yes, there was no murder before video games.. Or was it that there was there no murder before heavy metal music? Or was it that there was no murder before Dungeons and Dragons?
    Wow, hey you are right! Think about it, before video games and heavy metal music mixing with those cultist Dungeon and Dragons players, the world was at peace right? I mean, no one killed anyone and everybody lived in happy little houses in happy little or big towns. Everyone was happy! World War what? You mean there was 2 of them? It must have been someone in the future sent them a PS2 with a copy of Grand Theft Auto or something, how could this have happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These damn video game makers and Dungeon and Dragons players are going to kill everyone on the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES THE KILLER BEE'S ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y2K IS GOING TO DESTROY THE EARTH AND WE WILL ALL DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS FROM MACHINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Point: people are stupid. Period.

I find the human condition to be quite humorous. Such focus on shifting blame to other things and no one wants to look at a problem directly. I firmly believe that people lack any form of wisdom or judgement in any shape or form. Those that do, are not heard. We have the media to thank for giving us an injection of hysteria each and every day.

OMG I FORGOT TO FREAK OUT ABOUT WEST NILE VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL ALL THE MOSQUITO'S BEFORE THEY KILL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I'm sorry, it must have been me playing CS:S that made me do it. It told me to post this, really, it did!!!!!!!
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record, I played Dungeons and Dragons for 10 years, along with Shadowrun, Rifts, Robotech RPG, Star Wars RPG, Vampire the Masquerade, and other PnP RPGs.

I've been console gaming since Intellivision (although Nintendo was the first one I personally owned).

Been PC gaming since Star Control and Crusaders of the Dark Savant (which required us to upgrade HIMEM.SYS to support EXPANDED MEMORY!).

By these "informed persons" standards, I should be a hell-bent anti-societal killng machine. Now while my NS buddies may claim this is true, by real life standards: I'm 23 years old, make around 30-35k a year, own two new year 2000+ vehicles, and am looking to buy a house in 6-9 months.

" vidoe gams r bad, tehy wil kil yuor famly!"

PS: Guns are dangerous, I just cut my palm when misloading my Colt .45 ACP Airsoft knock-off. Remember kids, don't play with airsoft guns while drunk.