Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Terror

How long does a ban last?

I got banned after accidently wandering to Terrorist spawn and I ended up banned how and I'd like to know how long until I can join TG servers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How long does a ban last?

Post a PM to the admins to figure out which one gave you the ban and politely ask him how long it will last.

In the meantime, read up on the posts to learn more about how the game is suppose to be played on the server so you know what you can and can not do in the game

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I some how dont believe you just wandered into the T spawn and bam.. got the ban axe laid down on you.. Me thinks there is more to this story then he is saying...

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did the ban occur and what exact playername were you using at the time?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least he has separated himself from the usual pub fodder, and come in here to rectify the situation.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Usarion
    Well at least he has separated himself from the usual pub fodder, and come in here to rectify the situation.

Usarion, I could not agree more. If someone who was playing on the servers who got disciplined in one way or another posts here to come back, I give them respect in that they wish to return here, and it gives our gameplay style alot of credit. I hope to see this player on here again, and I'm willing to be they will follow the rules, just as someone in another post asked to have a ban lifted.

I am glad the previous ban was lifted, it brought an excellent player to the servers.
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that someone wanting to play in the TG style could get banned for something like this is relatively ludicrous.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    The fact that someone wanting to play in the TG style could get banned for something like this is relatively ludicrous.
    Agreed. The whole story hasn't come out though, and the admins haven't been contacted for more information. I don't think that the situation is as he described.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always remember that what was presented is only one side of the story and usually biased. Admins wouldn't ban someone for a trival thing. I bet there is a lot more than just "accidently going to a spawn area."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So true.. And Poker, you should understand this, being an admin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    So true.. And Poker, you should understand this, being an admin.
    I do, I do. I'm not trying to call anyone out to the mat for this. I too presume that there's information that Terror (or whomever) didn't share, for one reason or another, and that information makes a world of difference.

I just think that if we have a player on the server who is willing to atone like this for some perceived wrongdoing, wanting to come back and play in the TG spirit, given what is publicly known... well, if the other parts of the sentence are true, then I can't imagine many scenarios where it's not a shame the banning happened in the first place. I'd personally LOVE to be privy to the reasons behind this. I know better than to ask, though.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd personally LOVE to be privy to the reasons behind this.
    Me too... We haven't been contacted, though, and no admin seems to have remembered the situation described...

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to find his SteamID banned on the server, it took a while to figure out what happened to Terror. I was finally able to talk with Terror privately.

After comparing notes with him, I've figured out Terror was the victim of reserved slots and nothing more.

He was disconnected due to reserved slots and then was consistently disconnected after multiple subsequent and immediate attempts to re-join the game.

The server was so busy for so long that it was some time before he was able to return to the action. He took the server's behavior to mean he was banned, but he was never banned.

To make matters worse, the re-install he today (of all days) performed of Natural Selection on his machine caused him to have technical difficulties joining our NS server. He took these difficulties to mean he was also banned from the NS server.

I've settled everything with him and he understands he's not banned. Quite the opposite in fact: he's invited to join us again.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to hear it was worked out Wyz. I had not posted anything (I'm a lurker ) but was and am of the mind that if he was mature enough to come and post a request to have the ban lifted after a passage of time for his wrong doings, and I assumed there was more to the story than he had mentioned, that he should have the oppertunity to rejoin us and show that he could be a team player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak

After comparing notes with him, I've figured out Terror was the victim of reserved slots and nothing more.
    Doesn't HL know the reason for being disconnected? If an admin banned you, it would state so in the console while if you were being disconnected because of a reserve slot issue, it would state something like "kicked by console"

Or am I wrong?

Remember guys, the more information you can give the admins concerning your situation, the faster they can track it down for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast