Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry HELP! WoW owns my soul.

As many of you may be in the same situation, I am enveloped.

So, as for seeing me on NS or any other game for that matter, maybe in a million years or when I run out of money.

Also, if you want to post your stories of how much WoW owns you, you may do so here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HELP! WoW owns my soul.

Is this game really that good? I like RPGs, but I generally don't like the idea of playing with a bunch of retards online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    Is this game really that good? I like RPGs, but I generally don't like the idea of playing with a bunch of retards online.
    I think it is. I generally do NOT like RPGs, but I beta tested WoW and was really sucked into it. It's a lot of fun and I actually considered buying the game.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care to be so committed to such an amazing game. I decided not long after learning about WoW to stay away from it, as my prior experience with Blizzard convinced me that this game would be damn good. I knew (and know) that if I got into it everything else (well, from a gaming standpoint at the very least) would stop. I regularly see how right I was (and am) when I see perfectly reasonable people become absolutely consumed by the game. I don't want that for myself.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online RPG's are highly addictive. I should know, I spent 2 years playing UO. Even after I was fed up with OSI, I found and used free shards, then eventually came to an understanding: online RPG's are tools of the devil.
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    I knew (and know) that if I got into it everything else (well, from a gaming standpoint at the very least) would stop. I regularly see how right I was (and am) when I see perfectly reasonable people become absolutely consumed by the game. I don't want that for myself.
    *notices Luna and Apophis in the World of Warcraft TG Teamspeak Channel*
    *cries softly...*
    I guess this is the end of TG...BREAK OUT THE PITCHFORKS! AHAHAHAH!
    *looks around wildly...sees everyone off playing WoW...falls back into tears*
    GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER!!!
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good game and is definately enveloping, but its not fun. It's just a time-suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm playing everquest 2.
    (i choose that one because several of my friends were already playing. Don't know if it is 'better' or 'worse' then WoW.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pookie, cing, et all- make sure you make a character on the same realm as the rest of us! It's no fun playing alone. Besides, on Thunderhorn, we have the Tactical Gamer guild!

As for it being addicting, it absolutely is, and I really enjoy it. I still make my time for JO on Thursday nights and Sundays- it's just the current default game of choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never played it myself. After some friends of mine required a "INTERVENTION", I decided to steer clear. I heard it is much better than Evercrack BTW.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh I played it for like 2 months had a lvl 60 rouge 40 hunter some lvl 10's and 20's s I kept playing waiting for battlegrounds and than one day I cancled my suscibtion it was boring dueling and fighting with allaince every day heh I may come back to it someday I hope. didn't fight high lvled monsters like onyxia yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I didn't have a soul to begin with, however WoW has also sucked me in. Great game (has its faults and shortcomings) and a bit time sink! This is the first mmo that has managed to hold my attention for more then 2 months (partially since its a blizzard release :P).

Trying to cut back, especially now at midterm time, evil game!

60 Warlock, Illidan
    http://www.eveningorb.com/wow/permafrost/

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to agree on all of the above, never really played any role-playing games, nevermind MMORPG's but credit to Blizzard I have been captured and I am now officially addicted to WOW.

I can't honestly remember any other game that I wanted to go back to every 5 minutes of the day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thus far, I have avoided evercrack and WoW: I've seen it turn gamerswithjobs into "so it it blackhand tonight, or another server?"

Joint Ops night? Gone.
    Ravensheild? Gone.
    Unreal2k4? Forgetaboutit.

So then I come here, and I see that the virus is spreading here.

Can't see the appeal really. The beta was good, but it just seems like another MMORPG grind to me. Then again, the RPGers all consider FPS games the same, so what do I know?

Maybe we should have an intervention for Luna and Apophis?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.. In all honesty, JO was getting pretty dull for me with the stock game and the Reality mod was a little broken since the last patch. WoW filled that void nicely. I've been playing JO again and picked up Brothers in Arms today and played a bit of that.

WoW has been quickly put on the back burner now that I've got some better alternatives. Although I can't speak for Luna's addiction.. :-)

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast