Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Childish NS players.

Alright, I've seen it happen enough to make me want to post this thread. Yes it is a personal attack on anyone who is doing it, and if you don't like it, the truth hurts doesn't it? It pisses me off to no end, no matter if you think its funny or not. I've been told the humor on the NS servers I'll have to get used to, well I've decided thats the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. MATURITY PEOPLE, SOMETHING WE LEARN NOT SOMETHING WE SHUN.

STOP KICKING PEOPLE OUT OF THE COMM JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK IT IS FUNNY. I thought this was a mature server but yet I've seen it happen a few times already. If you want to behave that way, then go to a pub server where it happens every 2 or 3 minutes. Take your turn being Comm and then get votekicked out of it for all I care.
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Childish NS players.

thanks grey... that's all i have to say on this
    --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are welcome. HAHAHAHA ITS SO FUNNY TO KICK PEOPLE OUT OF THE COMM CHAIR EVEN THOUGH WE ARE WINNING HAHAHHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** you stupid people.
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I said "Eject!", I didn't think people were actually going to eject. I assumed everyone knew I was just joking because everyone on the marines had played at the server before. I've seen about 10 other games where people have said EJECT! and nobody actaully did it. Anyway, sorry I made you get ejected keres, and sorry for ruining your game grey. I think I should just unbind my talk keys from now on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just really surprised that there were three people on the team who wanted me out of the chair, even as a joke. I'm sure I didn't take it well, but it was a slap in the face. I don't really blame you because I know not to take you seriously and I'm rather proud of you for apologizing for making the statement in the first place. Even though the situation occured, it shows some level of maturity. I think we should just close this subject, or at least this thread of the subject for now, it happened, it's over with, and we learned that we have to be careful with what we say.

Keres/Rachel
    --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a freak incident to me, unless the game was already won. Especially now that the eject counter is shown, I don't think a TG reg would see 2 out of 3 and then cast the deciding vote for no reason. I've never seen it happen here before unless the game was over and it was understood as a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, yeah, we had already won, 2 hives locked down, going to the last one. I said something like "You deserve to be ejected for not dropping me meds fast enough. Eject!" Then two people voted to eject, about 30 seconds later, someone else did. I really didn't expect it to happen.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma
    I've seen about 10 other games where people have said EJECT! and nobody actaully did it. Anyway, sorry I made you get ejected keres, and sorry for ruining your game grey.
    I've seen lots of "asses" in my time at TG, as we all have different ideas at different times of what's funny and what's not. I remember one night, not long after I became GO (Game Officer) for TGNS, that I was playing GR (Ghost Recon) on the TG server. I was then and remain today impressed by the level of maturity one can reasonably expect on the GR servers. Well, that night, I witnessed what I considered childish behavior and .... just stupid stuff. I could go into details, but it's incredibly irrelevant. The point is that others there appreciated the humor and I was just sitting there with my jaw on the ground. So, people miss the mark sometimes. I'm always impressed, though, when someone can step up and attempt amends after just such an incompatibility. I've seen many votes used as jokes against others and myself, and I've yet to see one (including this incident, it would seem) cast by a regular that was anything but.

Some of my earliest memories are of my brother and I wrestling against my Dad. We all loved each other, but we fought against each other damn hard (or so it seemed to us at age five... who knows how challenged my Dad really was... lol). I remember my mom saying "it's all good fun until somebody gets hurt." We'd laugh her off, but it never failed that, eventually, my brother or I would jump from the corner turnbuckle (the couch) and completely miss my Dad, land hard on the floor, and start crying. Playtime was over, and, in Mom's eyes, it was usually my Dad's fault that we got hurt.

Sometimes, because we all know each other so well and understand each other's humor boundaries, we push the jokes pretty hard. This isn't the first time we've missed the mark with each other (be it with "newer" players or "older" players), and it won't be the last. Ideally, it would never happen. No one should walk away from "humor" around here with a bitter taste in his mouth. That's just backwards, right?

The reason I allow so much tomfoolery among the regulars on TGNS is twofold:
    a) as a rule, it can be dropped the moment any of us sees another doesn't appreciate it (this is required in making our server unique when compared to what you'll find elsewhere)
    b) TGNS has always been TG's youngest demographic. For SEVERAL reasons (supporting members not being the least), I wish the demographic wasn't so young, but I also know that I'm one of TG's best resources for managing such a young crowd. Some among us think I'm a hardass, but I [email protected] when I consider how this group would be treated by some other GO's at TG (very reasonable people who simply have less patience with the younger players and their antics).

The combination of those two things and reliable TG-style gameplay when it's time for it makes it allowable, in my opinion, that we have antics on TGNS that you'll never see elsewhere within TG. Yes, you might see similar antics out in the intarweb, but here they're rooted in good fun and, typically, have boundaries driven by people's enjoyment. Out and about, such antics are driven by people griefing. Here, they're driven by people showing their love. Yes, exceptions occur, but I don't mind claiming that's the general rule.

grey didn't post this after one incident, and I'll vouch for his very healthy sense of humor. Yes, our jokes can be offensive to people who misunderstand them. But here's the thing: a joke's not a joke if it's not a joke ([/deep]). The burden lies with the actor, not the observer, in making humor well-received. Keep fresh the efforts to make the server truly enjoyable for everyone involved. If that means we have to be more conservative than we're used to, that's what it means. If a delta exists between how we want to act (crazy silly) and how TG dictates we'll act (maturity) when it comes to humor, you know I'll protect that which TG dictates and not what we expect.

We've all voted for option one when we meant to switch to our LMG. As Zek said, this seems freak. That having been said, us missing each other on humor is NOT freak around here. Just remember that the goal is to have fun. Sometimes that comes naturally, and sometimes it requires careful effort from all of us.

K's got a good idea. I'll close this thread. Valid concern voiced. Sincere apology offered. We humans sometimes screw up. Game on.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.