Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Junglesource

  1. #1

    ><JohnGalt><'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    383
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Junglesource

    I for one would like to congratulate Vulcan for making such a great map.

  2.  
  3. #2

    Vulcan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, New York, United States
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,988
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    thanks john!

    I'd like everyone to post what they'd like to see change, the top 3 things please!

    my top 3 things are:
    1. Increase FPS in the T spawn if possible.
    2. complete the 3-d skybox.
    3. Change the rock material on the terrain so it looks more jungle like.

  4.  
  5. #3

    section-8's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Okinawa
    Age
    33
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    best thing evar: the grass....i feel like im in friggin nam crawlin through the underbrush...its cool
    other two best things: the inner chamber (yay frame rate) and the tunnels everywhere...

    im still trying to figure out how to break up that middle part...i dont suppose making jungle "corridors"....ya know...big forest-like walls...the middle part wouldnt be open but the frame rates would be better.... im thinking something like rainbow 6

    I dunno...its the only thing i could think of...

  6.  

  7. #4

    ><JohnGalt><'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    383
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    i hope there is another answer for the top area. (i like it open) Is there a way to limit view distance. Maybe add fog since its at the top of a hill in a rain forest.

    May be add more sounds. Seems that in a jugle, the animal sounds would be deafening.

    I think this map set at early early dawn or late eveing would really be intense.

    mabe make it darker in the tunnels

  8.  
  9. #5

    Root's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South east england
    Posts
    5,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    Finally got to play this map today - Vulcan it's damn cool! Looking forward to more of your maps in the future.

    Root

  10.  
  11. #6

    RandomGuy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    K-W, Ont.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    Welcome to the jungle
    We got fun 'n' games

  12.  

  13. #7

    Jest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Talking Re: Junglesource

    I love that map. It just has a few kinks to work out:

    The hostages are getting stuck trying to go up the stairs in that underground chamber.

    The grass is hard to see through when you are in it but easy for people to see you who aren't. Maybe make the grass shorter or put more bushes out in that meadow.

    The rescue locations need to be more easily identifiable. I never did find out where the hostages in the huts are supposed to be rescued to but I would assume it was the spawn point.

    The buy zone for the CT's is too small. At one point I spawned outside of the buy zone.

    Thanks,

    Ghost

  14.  
  15. #8

    Vulcan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, New York, United States
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,988
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    ok couple fixes i've got covered:

    1)buyzones
    2)nav mesh for hostages (they won't have a problem getting up the ramp)
    3) Hostage rescue zone decals (temporarily)
    4)Grass is now static models instead of details that only render at a distance from teh viewer. Now they render for everyone.
    5)Terrorist spawn should have much better FPS. I thinned the models and turned the map into an Early Dawn time setting which is more accurate to the situation, which in turn means no super detailed shadow rendering for the trees.
    6)3-d skybox shouldn't have anymore viewable gaps.
    7) I put some clips up and smoothed the terrain for easier navigation and also keeping people from getting stuck.

  16.  
  17. #9

    ><JohnGalt><'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    383
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    how dors one get the new updated map?

  18.  

  19. #10

    Dog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan
    ok couple fixes i've got covered:

    1)buyzones
    2)nav mesh for hostages (they won't have a problem getting up the ramp)
    3) Hostage rescue zone decals (temporarily)
    4)Grass is now static models instead of details that only render at a distance from teh viewer. Now they render for everyone.
    5)Terrorist spawn should have much better FPS. I thinned the models and turned the map into an Early Dawn time setting which is more accurate to the situation, which in turn means no super detailed shadow rendering for the trees.
    6)3-d skybox shouldn't have anymore viewable gaps.
    7) I put some clips up and smoothed the terrain for easier navigation and also keeping people from getting stuck.
    Have to tell you, had a blast last night on this map...
    Small things... Checkerboard trees around the hut...
    Coming from CT spawn I was able to climb an outside edge wall and "walk on air for a little bit... could see the dam but couldn't get to it..

    More to come if I can gather my thoughts and the time... ;-)

  20.  
  21. #11

    Sniper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Memphis
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,683
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    Good map, but I think it can be better.
    In all honesty, it looks too cartoonish. If you need me to, I will be more than happy to help you make a few sprites to make it seem a bit more realistic.

    I also got stuck behind the generator :P


    Good map, and very good for a beta

  22.  
  23. #12

    Vulcan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, New York, United States
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,988
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog
    Have to tell you, had a blast last night on this map...
    Small things... Checkerboard trees around the hut...
    Coming from CT spawn I was able to climb an outside edge wall and "walk on air for a little bit... could see the dam but couldn't get to it..

    More to come if I can gather my thoughts and the time... ;-)

    Can you send me screenshots of what you are talking about?

  24.  

  25. #13

    Dog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan
    Can you send me screenshots of what you are talking about?
    Happy to...

    Didn't think my rushed explanation while I was working would cut it... =:-|

    Just have to figure out how to do screenshots... doh...
    f10 right? ;-)

  26.  
  27. #14

    Vulcan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, New York, United States
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,988
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Junglesource

    The update is on the server!

  28.  

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Back to top