Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come fly with me

The sun rose over the distant mountains. It’s rays warming the cool spring air. I stood and looked at my new vehicle. Hmmm… Ugly mother, I thought. Weird angles, strange configurations – it sure wasn’t pretty.

Many years had gone by since I’d been in one of these things. I wondered if my seniors would trust me enough to leave me in charge of this multi-million dollar killing machine. They should… skills and experience don’t diminish over the years – they just get a little rusty.

When I was active I was the best. I could remember each engagement and each victory. I reflected on the losses.

I could feel the adrenaline starting to kick in. Only now I realised what I had been missing. Why had I neglected this for so many years? A smile crossed my face – the excitement was starting to build ever more now and I knew that if I didn’t get in that damn thing soon I was going to burst.

A slight breeze blew across the base that carried the reminiscence of winter and I walked out to the pad. I reached up and grabbed the handhold and hoisted myself up into the seat.

“Don’t you say a damn word until I tell you to.” I said to my co-pilot. I wanted this experience all to myself.

I flicked the switches and turned her on (lol just DON’T ok?). Slowly at first they started. With each turn they got faster and faster until the familiar whir was once again buzzing above my head.

“This is dragon-two-six to TG, request permission to take off.”

“TG to dragon-two-six, clearance granted. Winds are at 5 knots from the north east. Have a pleasant flight Paragon.”

Pete ‘Paragon’ Aylett was back in the pilot seat once again. Though my aircraft was a new one on me, my natural skill at flying made it no more different than any other chopper I had flown.

I pulled up on the collective, adjusted the rudder pedal to compensate for torque and lifted the Comanche up into the air.

Oh man this is… Sweet.

As I flew to my mission objective I noticed blips on my radar. There were aircraft on my six.

“Dragon-two-six to TG, I’m counting multiple aircraft at my six, please confirm over.”

The voice that came back had an obvious smile to it

“TG to dragon-two-six, you didn’t think we’d let you take these guys on by yourself did you – that’s not our way – friendly’s inbound.”

I waited for a while, holding my Comanche in a hover. Then one by one, on either side of me the others formed up. Familiar faces waved at me from the cockpits.

I smiled and said, “let’s go make some scrap metal.”

Are you with me?

Enemy Engaged - Comanche, Apache, Hokum, Havok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, jex. I love reading your work.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Come fly with me

Quote Originally Posted by jex
    As I flew to my mission objective I noticed blips on my radar. There were aircraft on my six.

“Dragon-two-six to TG, I’m counting multiple aircraft at my six, please confirm over.”

The voice that came back had an obvious smile to it

“TG to dragon-two-six, you didn’t think we’d let you take these guys on by yourself did you – that’s not our way – friendly’s inbound.”

I waited for a while, holding my Comanche in a hover. Then one by one, on either side of me the others formed up. Familiar faces waved at me from the cockpits.

I smiled and said, “let’s go make some scrap metal.”

Are you with me?
    This is a call to arms - I just got enemy engaged and this is meant to fill your blood with aviation fuel and get you up in the skies. I believe this game can be played coop mp and so some wingmen are gonna be needed.

If it supports many pilots - perhaps we can get it on the servers here at TG.

The above parts were referring to you guys. Hands up all the pilots here at TG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enemy Engaged is the name of the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's pretty old, but still around in the bargin bins.

Don't expect to hop into this heli sim and begin flying though. It's no arcade heli AT ALL. It's realism effects make it nice for the few w/ familiar with flight dynamics. You're not going to be hopping in, turning it on, and away you go like you can in OFP. Expect to study it.

For those pilots who are familiar w/ flight sims, expect some fun. The graphics aren't the greatest. For example, I think Jex complained last night about the ground graphics making it difficult to determine your altitude visually when below 100ft. But, the complexity of the missions and the flight model are nice (ad. Janes).

You'll need 1.4.6 X patch to play BTW. :!:

Quote Originally Posted by =luna=
    Awesome, jex. I love reading your work.
    Agreed Lune. I keep saying he's in the wrong profession!