Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectre

The Matrix Revolutions: caution SPOILER

All I can say is:

OH MY GOD!!!

Spoiler:

In the end it came to be that Neo was the 2nd coming of Christ (or a holy / spiritual savior) to save humanity from his arrogance and sins. He was crucified by the machines and brought peace by dying for mankind.

Simple...but efficient..

Spectre
    Ok...I'll reply to my own post...

The battle for Zion is friggin' AMAZING!!!

The matrix trilogy is totally the Star Wars of the late 20th / early 21st centuries. I mean...go see the movie...go NOW!!!

so.....many....things....want.....to......type.... ARGHRGHGHGH!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No spoiler for me cause I dont know half those words in there all I could understand was machines and Neo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw it today. The ending was not to my liking, perhaps my expectations were too high hehe. Overall great movie. Loads of intense action scenes and eyecandy (as you would expect). I wont say anything about the content as some fellow psychos on these forums may hunt me down and attempt to butcher me for spoiling anything.

I have heard mixed feelings on the movie, some like it some hate it. I guess it will depend on you, overall I enjoyed it. It is a worthy although not entirely satisfying ending to the trilogy.

Kind of seems to me like the trilogy depended more and more on action as it progressed. This is not necessarialy a bad thing, but I guess I like to see the creative and interesting ideas as the first movie presented rather then just action.

Worth seeing, two Kielbasas up.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an awesome fking movie... go see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bleh. I had to work from 6 am to 7 pm straight and I didn't get to go to the private showing I was invited to. *cries* I am making Greg wait for me this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exellent movie.. well done...

I had NO clue it was going where it did...

Got a little tired of the kung-fu between the 2, but hey.... the eye candy was epic.....

And yeah, the zion battle was friken intense.... :shock:

Spectre
    RELOAD!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I hated was the long ass death scene they gave trinity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it was better than matrix 2
    Filled with Awesome.

Spectre
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    The only thing I hated was the long ass death scene they gave trinity.
    Are you SICK?!?!?

She deserved the long scene...I even had a tear in me eye!!!

Of course you WOULD have to be able to relate to the scene in order for it to have any emotional impact;

IE. Having a woman you love and thinking of her dying...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm suprised that there are not more posts to this thread yet

And I'll warn any readers of this post that there are spoilers contained therein. Don't read this post (and lets face it, you shouldn't be reading this thread) if you havn't seen the movie yet.

First off, the effects. Holy crap. The first two movies set standards as to Special Effects, and this one is no different. If you saw the Animatrix, lets just say The Final Flight of the Osiris dosn't hold a candle to The Final Flight of the Hammer. (another Hovercraft) The entire Zion battle was just massive. As a point of contention, it was almost too massive, as it was a bit overwhelming at times, but I belive that was the intention of the filmmakers. The shear masses of the sentinels...

I was suprised by the level of gore in this film. The first two films had blood, but nothing on the level of this one. That General's face for instance. Raw hamburger comes to mind...

<<<If your still reading and havn't seen the movie, stop now, specific spoilers ahead>>>

But the story...

The ending was just meh. Even considering this was a sci-fi movie, it was unrealistic even in the context of the film's two realities. Ok, Neo defeating Smith was no big suprise, but the fact that the Machines agree to a peace if he does? Common, thats not very machine like. The threat of Neo is now gone as he destroyed himself in destroying Smith (opposites canceling each other out) so why the hell wouldn't the Machines immediatly turn around and finish the assault of Zion? They would not be bound by any kind of human morality or honor, eradicating the survivors of Zion would be the smart thing to do.

This is how I think the end of the movie should have been, at least to make more sense:

Neo is in the Machine city, and gets plugged into the Matrix in order to do battle with Smith. This would give him direct access to the Machine Mainframe. Follow with the insane Kung Fu fight between Neo and Smith. Then, instead of Smith assimilating Neo, Neo should assimilate Smith(s). It was said that Smith would have the capability to destroy both worlds, the Matrix and the Machine City. After assimilating Smith, Neo would then be able to directly assault the machine city himself with all his digital replicas. But this process (the assimilation and subsequent copying) would have severed Neo's mind from his body, and transformed him into a truly digital construct, as self created program if you will. So this would be his final Choice. Destroy the machines and he would destroy himself. Obviously he is still human in spirit, and would choose to save humanity, and commence destroying the Machines. The Machines, sensing impending doom, would resume a final attack on Zion.

Ooooo, just thought of this scene...

The Sentinals resume thier attack on the Temple of Zion. Morpheus, having walked outside the door (silly twit :P) attempts to dash back inside. Cut to a digital representation of Neo in gold, destroying the machine city. He quickly twists his head, and do a rush zoom sequence from the City to Zion, viewing though the eyes of a Sentinal, as is closes on Morpheus, tenticles outreached. Cut back to Zion, as the Sentinal catches Morpheus, and hoists him into the air, drawing back one of its tenticles to decapitate him. Perhaps have a quick scene of Niobe trying to get a bead on the Sentinel with her gun, but unable to as Morpheus is in the way. The tenticle slashes forward. And stops an inch from Morpheus' face. The look on his face says "Oh crap, I think I just sh*t my pants" All the Sentinels stop. And then they all drop lifeless to the ground, except for the one holding Morpheus. It gently places him on the deck, and then speaks with Neo's voice:

Neo: "It's done, Morpheus."

Morpheus, having regained his Zen Monk-like composure: "I know"

Neo: "I'm not coming back"

Morpheus nods: "Trinity?"

Silence. Morpheus looks down, then back up: "Thank you, Neo"

*enter scene of estatic Kid running though the cave, shouting that the war is over*

Neo: "Good luck Morpheus, good luck to you all"

The light dims in the Sentinels eyes, and it falls lifeless to the ground. Morpheus looks at it for a moment, a single tear falling from his eye. Then he turns, and walks back to the group at the temple door. Cut back to the digital Neo, as he destroys the last few machines. Show some scenes of his various copies winking out of existiance, untill there is only one, the Prime Neo left. Like a digtal ghost, he revists Trinity in the Hovarcraft. Gazing on her face one last time he smiles, removes his glasses, and dissolves, the golden particles fluttering down over Trinitys body. The music builds as we pull out of the Hovercraft, and begin a rapid assent over the machine city. We burst of the clouds, and see the Sun again. The music comes to a creshendo, and the screen winks out to a golden dot that fades to black.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I think it should have ended! Damn, I had no intention of typing all that. I got creative
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre
    Are you SICK?!?!?

She deserved the long scene...I even had a tear in me eye!!!

Of course you WOULD have to be able to relate to the scene in order for it to have any emotional impact;

IE. Having a woman you love and thinking of her dying...
    I just thought it was really tacty and over blown considering she died in Reloaded but was brought back by Neo.

The battle of Zion really reminded me of the Battle on Hoth from Empire Strikes Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trinity dies??
    you bastar___
    i dont want to watch it now??
    i was so hoping she would get het tits out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GAZ
    Trinity dies??
    you bastar___
    i dont want to watch it now??
    i was so hoping she would get het tits out
    And this is why you should not read a thread that talks about a recently released movie if you havn't seen it yet! Oh, and to make your day even more horrible, THEY ALL DIE! AND A BLACK HOLE DESTROYS THE EARTH! MUWHAHAH!
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast