Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COMMANDER GIVE ME A SHOTGUN!!!!

I believe that if you ask for a weapon from your comm that you are being a bad marine and a bad player. You are distracted the comm from doing and thinking about more important things, if he felt like handing out shotguns to the team then he will.

But what is so special about you? First let me say that out of the 4 times i have been the commander i have singled out players that i either know or better or have been playing better than the other marines and gave them weapons. But you ask for a shotgun, HMG or grenade launcher just because YOU want one, well that is not being a team player now is it? Not only that but when the comm asks you to be base bitch for a minute or defend certain spots JUST DO IT. Don't ignore him, don't ask why or whine, JUST DO IT(c)! If you don't obey orders it should be the same as the army, court marshalled. Kicked out of the server and then have your trial here on the forums in front of the judge and jury. And i've noticed that when the team is moving out in the beginning of the game why arn't we sticking together? I can understand not doing that later in the game but when its marines vs skulks, range vs no range, we should be closer than a row of roman infantry. And later in the game you should using the buddy system all the time, If you're not with someone you should be walking to meet up with them.

But mainly the whole point of asking for a shotgun, why dont you say "Commander i think the TEAM should be using shotguns". I don't see it much on the TG server compared to others and it is even more uncommon to see a TG member doing it. You should never ask the comm to give you anything other than medpack or ammo, it's the commanders job to know when and where to place all buildings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkoman
    JUST DO IT(c)!

Best part of the post.

Everything yous aid was all very true though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't ask unless our com has like 150+ rescources =P.

And i only ask because I pretty much *know* i can earn back the 10 resc with the increased killing power.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anytime I'm going res hunting, and we have any weapon upgrades at all, I'll ask for a shotgun every time. I can down a res node in less than ten seconds with a shotgun. With a shotgun, I can down a res node surrounded by OCs. I can't do that with an LMG and a knife.

I see where kikko is coming from, but I have zero problem with anyone asking for anything. Nagging? That's no good. But ask me for anything. If there's time, tell me why you want it. I'll flat tell you "no" if your idea doesn't fit my master plan. But don't ask me twice. And if you don't get a response from me in the first six seconds of your request, I'm too busy to answer, and you better get moving.

Wyzcrak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO its fine to ask in certain situations.

If we are all equiped and attacking together and I die, I will ask for a resupply over say_team while I'm waiting to spawn.

People spamming voice comm for shotties when we have 5 res are not wanted on TG and I think we all agree with kikkoman on this.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Emanon
    i rarely ask for a gun, but when i do its for a specific reason. ie onos,fade or just to kill everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something every commander needs to be aware of though is a form of game discrimination. If you always give the same marines weapons while not give others the chance to play with something different than the lmgs, then some players might get upset for always being excluded or bored doing the same thing over and over again.

Last time I played marines, I remember never being given a weapon. After awhile it got boring, especially since other people were always getting hmgs and/or shotguns and not lasting longer than me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't ask for anything. When I'm doing well the comm will give me what he thinks I need.
    Or I guard. 8)

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    Last time I played marines
    When was that? What name do you play under?

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Juggernaut
    the only problem I have had with giving out weapons is the people will die spawn and sit there and ask for weapons while Im yelling go through the phase gate we are losing The hive and they just sit there asking for a gun, then Ill just spam hmgs if i have the money then they hump the armoury go through and get killed and ask for more guns. this has happened to me a couple of times.

Juggy

Emanon
    sometimes i rather get 2 arms labs and get upgrades 2X faster instead of giving guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I played marines, I remember never being given a weapon. After awhile it got boring, especially since other people were always getting hmgs and/or shotguns and not lasting longer than me.
    So you pick up their gun and use it....

Juggernaut
    not when Im the comm and they die through the phase I hoped out once and never got the comm back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like to follow people like a vulture and when they die i recycle their weapon
    4 and 3 and 2 and 1 when im on the mic the suckas run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    Last time I played marines
    When was that? What name do you play under?

Wyzcrak
    That was the time before I commanded and the alien team accused the marines of cheating because they actually lost to us and the time before I was on the server and watch the same group pick marines over and over again so that nobody else could play them. It has been awhile. So you can see why I have been reluctant to return to NS. Though I don't think most of those people that did those things are still around

Editted: Forgot to add the bold part. I reread my post and figured someone might think I was talking about the current NS players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast