Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: POPUPS

Emanon

POPUPS

OK i have a popup thingy on my comp and ADaware(v5.81) cant find it. I need help suggets programs to Get rid of THIS.

Worst POPUP EVER. It turned my screen that BLUE screen of death color and a small MS explorer window poped up and said you computer may have become infected with a virus click ok to fix the problem.

Help me Please.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this an application that is creating pop-up windows?

Or is the Windows Messenging service included with your OS?

BTW, what OS are you running?

What text is in the title bar of these pop-up windows?

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Emanon
    i have xp and all that is running is aim, norton, and motherboard crap. I downloaded adaware v6 so hopefully that will fix it.

It did it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. In the future .. go get www.popupstopper.com or something equivelent. Unless you are religious about running WindowsUpdate (not just when the globe icon appears) you are destined for trouble.

Keep WindowsUpdate installs current and have a PopUp Blocker running and you'll be safe.

I get complaints about this all the time.

P.S. PopUps are *such* a nuisance that the next version of IE will have one included by default.

I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...