User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: f4!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

f4!

Although it does not happen much ive seen a couple games today that people gave up as soon as they started. This is a very stupid way to end a game even if there is no hope. I think there should be some sort of punishment for people who f4 to ruin the game. It makes me :x (Mad) when im owning and people f4 (because of the fact that i dont own much). Well anyways i figured id bring up the f4 key in the fourms to see what everyone thinks. L7r --- silkfrain <hate>

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there should be some sort of punishment for people who f4 to ruin the game.
    I think that f4 is stupid, but being punished for it..hmm.
    Personally i don't do it unless i have to. If your the team that F4s it you that made the mistake that got you in the place that your in to f4.
    so you shouldn't get mad and f4, let the game finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok wait not punished, ive been on a server that has a mod that does not let you f4 after a minute of the game has passed. I think thats a great idea (personaly). This way people wont be f4ing when they get mad ect. ect. !

Juggernaut
    if your talking a bout the game i ended cause it was 7 vs 4 and we were the 4 and our hive was being seiged rines had full ups then ok go ahead punish me for not wanting Nothing to put up 60 more seiges but seriously if thats the game then fine punish me but it was just dumb to sit there cause they all had shottys and the hive was almost down i left that game cause it was done and dumb so punish me for it if you wish...

and yes ITS ALL ONE SENTANCE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, i wasnt talking about you at all! LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when im owning
    heh....
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Juggernaut
    ok i was just making sure cause that game was just unfair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F4ing when the game is a guaranteed, dead cert, the aliens have surrounded our base with onoses is debateable. I see no excuse for F4ing just because you are losing though. Last night we had a game that last well over an hour. Each team was losing for good chunks of that game but turned it around.

BTW I left at 2am (an hour later than I expected to). Who won?
    GG either way.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're talking about ME, frian, I f4ed because you insisted on camping by defense chambers when we no longer had a hive after I repeatedly asked you to kill yourself. Mind you, tourney mode was off, so the d towers were the only way he was staying alive, with a sensory hiding him. His excuse was "he was saving for the hive". Ok. I'm going to end games like that any way i can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eventually the marines won winter. Killed 1 of the hives then got upgraded and we couldn't counter quick enough. I eventually stopped at 3.30am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My home base is on a server where f4ing to end the game is bannable. End of story. So it doesn't happen.
    Of course the server has a different set of rules in general, which affects the way this rule is enforced. I think it depends on the playerbase if such a rule is needed, and it can only be considered a compliment if it isn't.
    Personally I won't f4, ever. I grew into NS on that server, with the thought that f4ing was bad and bannable. I've been around since 1.03 and have had my share of games.
    If there's one thing that I'm very sure of, then it's that no game is lost untill the teamwork ends
    Trust me, I have, and I'm sure you have, seen many games thought to be lost result into a smashing victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look at it this way: Losing as marines is fun, losing as aliens sucks hard.

As a marine, you spawn with whatever upgrades you have. Even with an LMG, you still have a chance to take down that Onos or Fade. Plus theres the fact that if you do, you know that you've cost that player personally 100 res.

But when your losing as an alien, your down to one hive and spawning as a skulk against 6+ HA, theres jack all you can do. You *might* get a bite in before getting mowed down, which means nothing. Even if you manage to kill that HA, as soon as the marine spawns he's in another suit, back though the phase gate and in the action.

Its the only major flaw I see with this game. It just sucks way too much to lose as Kharaa. Especialy if the marine team is less than swift about ending the game.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley
    Its the only major flaw I see with this game. It just sucks way too much to lose as Kharaa. Especialy if the marine team is less than swift about ending the game.
    I agree strongly.

This coupled with the fact that the marines often don't know what a big advantage they have. No marine comm wants to send his men into a hive "just in case" you can take it down. Late in the game, you often can't, regardless of how many structures are there. This means that sometimes, it takes 30 minutes to end a game when the aliens are loosing.

The same goes for a marine loss, but less often. The turet farm is a good example of an outclassed, outplayed marine team dragging the game out f-o-r-e--v---e----------r. Boring. I have better things to do with my life. I really hate leaving tho. I wish there was a better solution.

Kudos to most folks here that will go ahead and sell base/lmg the hive when everyones sick of the game, and it is really obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes though, if you lengthen out how long you survive, you can force the other team to make mistakes that you can take advantage of.

If the aliens have killed everything and the marines can not build anything, then the smart move would be either to give up or make one last push to kill off the aliens with whatever guns they have, ammo left, and if it gets down to it, knifing the aliens/structures.

However, if say the marines have their base defended but the aliens are keeping them pinned in, why not have the marines keep trying to break out? Just because the odds are stacked against you, doesn't mean you don't have a chance of pulling off a victory in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points. Doesn't mean it isn't boring sometimes tho, and sometimes, I just can't stand it.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast