Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asus A7N8X Deluxe vs. MSI K7N2

Do you guys think it's worth upgrading to the Asus board? I just found a deal on a used A7N8X Deluxe for $100 CAD shipped. I'd really like for the ability to go past 200 FSB, SATA, firewire, vdd modded and the chance to try out SoundStorm. The only bad thing is the epoxied waterblock on the Northbridge.

I also don't mind if anybody else here buys it first. It's a darn good looking deal!
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Spectre
    I'd honestly wait until you're ready to move up to a new CPU/motherboard architecture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I was thinking. I want to hold out until the 64 bit CPUs are all over the place. By then my current rig should be getting sluggish with games and should need the upgrade. Plus, I'd get to keep $100!

It's so tempting though. Those Asus boards are so sweet! Argh, but the MSI board is RED. :P

Spectre
    I know man...I'm resisting the upgrade bug myself. I mean c'mon...the A64 is going to switch to it's standard Socket 939 in January. Once the architecture is stable and set on that formfactor...look for more and more motherboard types to pop up. I'm waiting for the A64 to mature a bit, come down in price and start to prove itself. The other thing is that if you get into an A64 rig now...you'll have an obsolite mobo in just 2 months. Kinda like when P4s came out as Socket 423...then switched and stayed at socket 478.

I'm waiting until March...then it's AMD time again!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought the a7n8x with a 2500+ I love it.

Spectre
    And he has an Nforce 2 motherboard with a 2400+ that does 2.3Ghz. So upgrading wouldn't make much sense right now.

Emanon
    From what i know FireMarshall and I have the Asus board and its great, soundstorm is nice with all the options for speaker setups. Although i would adhere to what spectre is saying, wait till A64 gets out, and they work out any bugs that come up, and watch where they go from there.

Personally I would love to see a Athlon XP that has 800 FSB so i can actually use this damn Motherboard. Duel channel DDR that is capped at 333mhz. I know I could OC but, I love my stable cool system.

Spectre
    All he would be getting is soundstorm...as their BOTH nForce2 motherboards...thats my main point. It's really a trivial upgrade for 100$.

Hell...for $100 go buy an Audigy2 ZS and you'll have a SOUNDCARD that could go in any system...as opposed to a SOUNDCHIP thats stuck to a soon to be obsoliete motherboard.

Spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guys,

I just upgraded a month ago and I have the ASUS deluxe board as well as an Athlon XP 3000. The only advantage I see of having the ASUS board is.....well I don't really know...I just have one....I have know idea what it does...it just kinda works good I guess.

I think the geek who built my computer told me that the board was at 400 FSB or something? And could support faster ram? PC 3700? Again I have know idea what I'm talking about as you all know from speaking with me on any level concerning computers. Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont think AMD know what there doing atm

last month, it was socket 754 that was staying, now it looks like it will become the 32bit/value line socket, and that 939 will become mainstream

BASTARDS :evil:
    From Adam Webb

Spectre
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlag
    i dont think AMD know what there doing atm

last month, it was socket 754 that was staying, now it looks like it will become the 32bit/value line socket, and that 939 will become mainstream

BASTARDS :evil:
    I

told

you

so

:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe i dont realy care too much anyway. It was either an A64 skt 754 or a P4 and both sockets are going out within 1-2 year so.......

i was never going to think this first socket 754 board was going to last years like socket A did...socket A spoiled us
    From Adam Webb

Spectre
    hehe i dont realy care too much anyway. It was either an A64 skt 754 or a P4 and both sockets are going out within 1-2 year so.......

i was never going to think this first socket 754 board was going to last years like socket A did...socket A spoiled us
    Socket A rocked hard....I hope 939 is the next socket A / 478 .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how can you even compair socket A to 478?????? :P
    From Adam Webb

Spectre
    how can you even compair socket A to 478?????? :P
    Both have had QUITE the good run...wouldn't you agree ??? I think it's going on 2 years now ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast