Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming Soon: Patch 1.5

Nothing special but we should expect the 1.5 patch to be released sometime next week. Intel says Tuesday but we know Ubisoft pretty well.

Check out the awesome fixes they've worked so hard on for the past couple of months:

Added an Operative SDK.

CD-Keys stored in the registy are now encrypted.

Fixed some problems related to the "Immediate Firing Animations" option. Including the 3 round burst animation that was not exactly representing the shooting of three rounds and the pump shotgun empty reload sound that was missing.

When connecting to PunkBuster enabled server, cancelling the connection then immediately re-trying to connect will generate various error messages.

Modified Raven Shield codes so that it won?t time out as easily when waiting for CD-Key authorization.

Solved some problems related to switching players in coop mode that most often would result in crashes or other strange behaviors.

PunkBuster messages that are too long to fit on one line will wrap at the end of line to the second. Before they were simply truncated.

Fixed a bug where the camera could get stuck in a certain position from time to time, usually at the start of a round.

Fixed the case where "RavenShield" was displayed instead of the name of the map in the server list.

Fixed the intro videos that would still play even when the game was started through a game service like Ubi.com, GameSpy or the All Seeing Eye.

On a minimal install the intro Ubi logo was not played

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds cool...

too bad this game lost it's player base by not getting this stuff done ahead of time. At least it's been a few months between patches this time instead of weeks. (definately a good sign of maturing SW)

And this is a bit off topic.. but it's kinda funny how two of the best map makers over @ theplatoon have secured jobs with ubi. I see that as a sign that they are at least trying to get better. (getting real talent)

I'll peek thru my HD and see what kinda space i can free up tonight.. if they've finally gotten serious, I should at least give my 50 bux another shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing more recently myself just for the fact that it seems to be the only game anyone is playing during the afternoon. I have to say that while the game still has serious issues it is much much better than when it started. The player base is not gone... just waiting for the Athena Sword addon and the SDK (which seems to have arrived).
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player base !!! Im STILL HERE !!!! ubi release code plzzzzz ... need ammo mods, need Gore mod .... need less recoil mod ..... need Tom Clancy to give the game to Microsoft PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MS did a good job with MECH 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol.. this is true.. brooklyn is still here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RvS wouldn't be the same without Brooklyn! He is always playing it lol.

Hey brooklyn - how those patches work out, you got them yet?

Oh and can we have some new maps or rotate so we can play some of the older ones. Starting to get bored of the same old maps.

Thanks
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mixed up the rotation a bit. I took out some maps that we all probably don't like very much. Um, Boiler House is still there but at the bottom of the list. Mainly, the bad FPS maps are gone. I put up some maps from the campaign in various modes.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.