Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Load Screens Galore!

Whoa, does this game ever have so many loading screens. You walk to a bar and it loads a new place. You get a mission from somebody in the bar and have to travel to another part of the city making you go through 3 load screens. Walk out of the bar, load screen. Head to some door, load screen. Get to some apartment for the mission, load screen.

The load times aren't that bad at about 30 seconds but going through that 8 times or so for one mission is really annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as its not like 'Summoner' for PS2 I'm fine with it.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turok:Evolution for GameCube is the undisputed load screen champion. I stopped playing that game because I was fed up with the load times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summoner was my limit... I beat that game, but I got so tired of loading.... If anything were longer... im talking fractions of a second longer, I'd quit =P
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've stopped even noticing the load screens they go by so quick(at least on my system). The levels are individually quite small, which means you see them fairly frequently though. I much preferred DX1 in this regard.

I've got about nine hours on my last save, and I've got to be very close to the end at this point. I'm not exactly running straight through the game either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does feel pretty short. I think I'm almost near the end just because my biomods are pretty much maxed out.

I still hate the load screens. Even though they're short, it sucks to load up and walk 30 seconds to another load screen. I hate to think what lower end systems get.

The whole game still feels similar to DX1. I remember it having a lot of load screens. Maybe not as much but they were longer back then on my crap system. Still, the game is pretty good. I like the story and the biomod customization is cool unlike Chrome's biomods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I like the story and the biomod customization is cool unlike Chrome's biomods." - =Sarc=

I haven't played with ALL the biomods yet, but the ones I've tried out are incredibly fun. I kind of wish I could hack AND cloak. Mod canisters are rare 'til about halfway through the game, and then they seem to be everywhere. I actually swapped mods for more situationally appropriate ones because I had that many spares....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, if I really wanted to I could probably switch my biomods. What's really weird is how easy it is to get black market canisters. Not enough to max out with all black market biomods but enough for my hacking and health leeching.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there multiplayer in this game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no MP
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by =Sarc=
    I like the story and the biomod customization is cool unlike Chrome's biomods.
    2 Q's

1) Is chrome any good?

2) Is DX2 any good?

thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk to Gaz about the ups of Chrome. He raved about how good it is when I think it was mediocre. There wasn't any customization of biomods or whatever they call them in Chrome. The missions were pretty good with large environments. You keep getting missions for money but never seem to be able to spend it, especially on those implants! Implants sort of activate after a while so they become available for use. I don't remember an ability to upgrade them, just to assign hotkeys to use multiple implants instead of pressing a bunch of keys. I also remember it being hard to find ammo but that might be a plus for some. The inventory system was pretty good. You have a certain space shown by a grid. Each item takes up so many grid squares. Sometimes you can squeeze in three weapons but you'll probably have very little ammo for each. I suppose that's because I kept killing everything in sight instead of finding another way around. I never found another way around because most objectives are heavily guarded bottlenecks like the entrance to a facility. You end up killing one guy and everybody is on the look for you. Oh, it's got drivable vehicles like Halo. That was pretty neat.

DX2 is quite enjoyable. I think it'll be a short game because it feels like I'm near the end. The story is good and the missions feel like you can really find ways around things. I always accomplish something to find another way I could have done it. It's just things like finding a vent to crawl past security or a computer to hack and disable turrets. I like the biomod system. You can customize what strengths you want instead of Chrome where they just activate without any choice. In DX2, if you want have the leech-health-off-dead-bodies ability you sacrifice having quieter footsteps or faster running. Stuff like that makes you feel you have control over your body. The only thing I hate are the load screens. You get them everywhere. I read some of the developer diaries and it's because of the Xbox. They had to make the areas small because the Xbox doesn't have enough memory to hold large areas. So expect a short load after 30 seconds of walking around and then another short load after 15 seconds of walking around. This is what I got when walking the streets of Trier, Germany. I'm in one building and have to go to another area. I walk out, load screen, enter the streets to go to a cafe, load screen. The performance is crap. A lot of ATI users aren't getting good performance out of DX2. I can barely play at 1024x768 with a 9700 Pro. I have to set AA to 2x and turn off bloom, whatever that is, and it still runs poorly. Sometimes you get 40 FPS and other times it dips to 25.

It's a toss up between both of them. Chrome is pretty good but for some reason it didn't totally captivate me. Maybe it was always scrounging for ammo. DX2 is a bit more intriguing but the performance and load screens bother me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started playing this yesterday, and I'm just into the labs in Germany... (before I actualy checked the clock and decided to turn in)

Fun game so far. I like the ability to do the itty-bitty missions (read:small credit rewards) for the little guys...

Load screens are a pain, but I did need to stand and stretch occasionally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And without starting another thread....

I'm sorta suprised that a mod community is devloping for this SP game... kinda funny, I always thought MP and modding were more prominent.

New high-res character and weapon models for hte game (free to download, and with instructions)

Eidos forum thread

Pics look really cool...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already finished the game and I don't feel like going through it again just to see these new high-res characters...
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast