Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Professional Video editing hardware and software

anyone here do profesional video editing?

I have come across some high end software (legitimate registerable legal copies) and exteremly high end hardware for this purpose. I dont mean an AIW radeon, I mean a Canopus DVstorm2Pro $1600 card and breakout box. the hardware comes bundled with the software, but I could sell them seperate.

http://www.canopus.us/US/products/DVStorm2_Pro/pm_dvstorm_2_pro+.asp

http://www.canopus.us/US/products/DVStorm2_Pro/pt_dvstorm_2_pro+.asp

http://store.yahoo.net/thecanopusonlinestore/index.html

if interested, We can deal.... the hardware is new and the software still wrapped, it has never been placed in a computer.

I am looking for 1000 for everything, or 600 for the card and 450 for all the software... the sites should list all the software included.

this is NOT a joke and NOT for casual interest. I have no need for the equipment, and all monies go to the church who owns it. They are in need of a new computer and this will fund that purchase. Thank you for keeping this serious.

I also have an ABIT motherboard for MP processors (AMD 766 chipset) 4 64 bit PCI slots and 2 32 bit (more info to follow) for 170.00 (might change in price)

a DVD + or - (maybe both) RW (more details to follow) for 130.00 (might change in price)

and a kinkwin 400 or 480 watt (more info to follow) ATX power supply for 60... (price might change here as well.....

on the last equipment, I have done exactly ZERO research for price or features... I have only seen the equipment and can guarantee everything is new or barely used...... most in original packaging. any interest in any of this is a O.B.O. scenario as the money is only to fund a new computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems the hardware for the most part will be used, but the canopus card is free as well as the Adobe software.

The church is looking to get rid of this and is willing to take whatever they can get for it at this point. 300 for the card and 200 for the software plus shipping. this is 1/3rd of retail price for a brand new retail box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds great but as usual I just really can't afford it. I bet you could ebay it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, As it turns out, they wound up giving it to me to do with as I want, so I will keep it and use it to edit and mix services for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Professional Video editing hardware and software

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be really heavy in video editing. I did a LOT of linear editing back in the day but have been doing digital recently. I do still have a rather expensive video capture card made by Targa, but I believe it requires Windows NT 4.0 to operate.

If you're interested, let me know and i'll dig it out and get more specs.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the offer, but the other card was what I've been looking for.
    I wanted to know who has an honest evaluation between the DV Storm2 plus & the MatroxRTX 100pro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ttrotman
    Thanks for the offer, but the other card was what I've been looking for.
    I wanted to know who has an honest evaluation between the DV Storm2 plus & the MatroxRTX 100pro?
    I do still have the entire package boxed and ready to ship...... how close to my price are you willing to go? We are looking at some possible uses for it at church, but so far, it is overkill and the $$$$$ would be of much better use to us.

DVStorm 2+
    Breakout box for front of computer
    Adobe Premier 6.5
    Storm edit
    Storm video
    Blah Blah Blah
    about 50 titles

Really an amazing piece of hardware..... I installed it to verify that it worked and then boxed it back up pretty much..... Captured input from DVD over SVideo in perfect quality. cannot tell a difference from the origional and done in real time as I watched the movie. also tried a capture from one source as I watched a second. XP 2500+, 1024 meg ram and raid 0 array WD SE 120's Radeon 9700 pro as well..... Parts still under warranty for another few months as well I believe. Adobe still shrinkwrapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I emailed you earlier today. please email your Phone # or call me @ 757.515.0755, call anytime... asap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update.........

Sold to the man in the back!