Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont make its a popularity contest...

Rescently i have been noticing alot of people are joining teams because "X" player is on marines or on aliens....

I have been holding off and joining last and i always watch were people are joining....

I will not name names becuase we are all adults here...

but i mean come on guys that person you are following wont hate you if you kill them.... (im a prime example of this)

so before joining plz look at the team roster and join a team that will make a game good.

if you see the marine join portal full go aliens even if you were them last game...

tycho
    Ill tell everyone right now that I will be more than likley joining marines almost exclusively untill i get a hang of the maps again. Its just easier for me to run around as a marine than at mach 3 as a skulk.

But yes, I agree with what billy has to say. Join a team that you think is a challenge and have fun with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    billy and his accursed aim! you're going down no matter what team we're on :P

Juggernaut
    I agree with you both i have seen regs sitting in the rines port waiting for someone to go aliens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea guys. Quit joining whatever team I join.

I don't go on a certain team just because of a certain player. My usual formula:

Join game, go on aliens (or marines if they need the player)
    Play on that team until they win.
    Switch teams.

Pretty simple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but i mean come on guys that person you are following wont hate you if you kill them.... (im a prime example of this)
    Speak for yourself, I harbour a deep hatred for anyone that has the audacity to kill me
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, I feel sorry for my friends when they have to play against some one like me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think we should delete the marine and alien portals from all maps, then they only have random team left!!!!!!!! muwahahahahaha

or we could just accept the fact that people will always want to play on the same team as their friends.
    And god said "LET THERE BE HALF-LIFE!" and so it was...

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would LOVE to see this done, in fact. Remove the ability to join a certain team. No matter which portal you walk (or bind) into, you're randomly assigned a team.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a topic in another thread somewhere.

I personaly am indifferent, but I think I lean more towards having it the way it is at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    I would LOVE to see this done, in fact. Remove the ability to join a certain team. No matter which portal you walk (or bind) into, you're randomly assigned a team.

Wyzcrak
    Do this, and the community will die. Server I played on before TG did this, installed a plugin that made every portal random. Traffic dropped in half the next day.

The server closed in a month.

Take away a players ability to choose, and the player will take their business elsewhere.

I know I would.

If you don't believe me, talk to [SMK.r]Anderson/Sasuke, he was there as well.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Quote Originally Posted by I'mWithMiko
    ...or we could just accept the fact that people will always want to play on the same team as their friends.
    this also means a marine team of you, devastator, and i

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played on a very active server once, a while back, that had a similar plugin. The games were phenominally balanced, and no one questioned it. I wonder if that server still exists. I can't remember the name, as I rarely stray from our server (haven't since 1.04, really).

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but then you can't manually adjust the teams if they need it, nor can you ensure that the marines get the extra man without using another plugin like OddMan.

It would be better if the portals were random for X seconds after a map change, then functioned normally. This would be a simple hack to the existing randomteam_mm (IIRC) metamod plugin. I'd do it...but until I learn to compile plugins for windows usage, or someone here speaks up that they can compile...

I could set aside some time to learn small and script it in AMX. Problem is, I just scored a brand new car, mario kart: double dash, and Horizons, so I have a lot demanding my time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by verbose
    Yeah, but then you can't manually adjust the teams if they need it, nor can you ensure that the marines get the extra man without using another plugin like OddMan.
    there are mods to do exactly this. I'm not sure if they are well liked or what. We talked about this a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by verbose

It would be better if the portals were random for X seconds after a map change, then functioned normally. This would be a simple hack to the existing randomteam_mm (IIRC) metamod plugin. I'd do it...but until I learn to compile plugins for windows usage, or someone here speaks up that they can compile...

I could set aside some time to learn small and script it in AMX. Problem is, I just scored a brand new car, mario kart: double dash, and Horizons, so I have a lot demanding my time
    I could do this with AMX/small. Unless I am forgetting about forgetting something... ().... I'm sure Wyz could also.

I don't think I would have a problem with this in theory, but I worry about the unforseen consequences. (see comments above by others).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast