Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACTION BATTLEFIELD

You guys have got to check this mod out! It looks hilarious! Looks like it was built to just capitalize on the "fun-ness" of BF1942, and not really be serious by any stretch of the imagination.

For instance: jet packs, amazing "blood" effects, faster vehicles, flame throwers, moving spawn points.

The B-17 can carry jeeps around!

...and my favorite...

The B-17 nuke. yeah baby!

Here's the link

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/actionbf/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a download location:

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1...onbattlefield/

I particularly love the description:

Intel: Action Battlefield is your perfect balance of fun and realism. It will raise the fun factor and boost the replay value of the original game. Not by adding extra stuff you don't really need, but by giving to you what you really like in a game. -Better gameplay, new weapons that YOU people requested and others that are FUN and important to use strategy-wise. Current vehicles modified for more fun and possibilities. Better soldiers that can jump higher, throw further and make dangerous moves without taking damage easily!

About Action Battlefield™

Action Battlefield is the real action-packed WW2 experience freed from the laws of a restricted and close-minded world. Action Battlefield is your perfect balance of fun and realism. It will raise the fun factor and boost the replay value of the original game while challenging you in the most intense and strategic battles you’ve ever experienced. All the tools, possibilities and features offered will force you to rethink the way you were used to fight on the many world-wide actual battlefields and the new ones. Brace yourself… the war has begun. Let’s get ready for Action Battlefield!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's pretty safe to say we won't see this mod on Tactical Gamer any time soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL...I just want to try to drop a couple jeeps into the fray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T'would be kinda fun to play a couple of games....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    Off the topic of bf1942 (well not completely) I think it would be nice to actually play some games just for fun. Why do we always rule things out because they aren't made for serious tactical play. Don't be afraid to let your hair down (if you have any hehe).
    I'm not afraid of maps/mods/etc that are just for fun. It's just that usually the "fun" mods are inferior to the serious ones... The novelty wears off quickly and then you're left with nothing but a mediocre game that does nothing but annoy you with its quirks.

If there was an easy way to switch mods so that we could play a mod like this one day every other week or something, I'd be all for it. Kinda like the "fun" maps on CS being available by vote only... That was a good setup and a refreshing change of pace occasionally...

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the "Action" mods have sucked as of late. The best "Action" mod was Action Quake 2, and that was 8 years ago.