Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: Fade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fade.

Are they doing anything to correct the powerfulness of the fade in 3.0?

Because the way fades can dominate now... They are like > oni.

Blink is too nasty, In conjunction with swipe and quick hits and blinks i can tie up several marines untill i kill them all.

Regen makes it so i never drop below 200 hp, unless i take a nasty shotty blast. Add to it, metabolize, which is possible to do in mid air.

Powerfulness is now a word, If it wasn't before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although a fade can be powerful in the right hands, I don't think there is anything necessarialy wrong with them. Sadly, fades are the only real way to win in 2.01 I think (although yes the onos does add that extra punch at the end). If the marines have the proper upgrades, and have descent aim (and I dont mean just 1 marine :P) then a fade should not be a huge problem. I mean, not like you haven't seen fades downed before heh.

If the hitboxes are really fixed on all the models like I hear, I think fades should be easier to take down in v3, which in turn I hope will push ppl to become better blinkers .

On a side note, overall I have to say im growing pretty tired of ns. Im hoping that combat will be a welcome change from the more or less same old strategies we see. Some deathmatch style play will do me some good :twisted: (DIE!).

If it wasn't for this community, I would probably not be playing NS. If something descent suites my taste in the near future I will probably give up on NS (however doesn't look like there is much on the horizon).

Ok done going off track.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with you that fades are the only way to win, And in turn, that would justify their abilities and power. I just think it's pretty rediculous when some one can take flight like that and dodge the bullets of the marines. But, then if the hitboxes are fixed as they say they are in 3.0, it should be harder to do that, if impossible. I would like to see what they've done about the hitboxes. And i've seen fades downed before, but by the time i'm downed i have enough to fade two more times or onos. As for people's aim on this server, I don't think there's anyone registered for these forums that has terrible aim (Heh), and our server attracts some of the upper cut as far as aim goes. We may not have CAL match type aim, but we have the upper cut of the majority of servers. Their power may be in check, and maybe I'm thinking about it too much, But even if they are too powerful, there's not much we can do about it. Anyway, Billybob brought this to my attention, and i wanted to see your views on it. I personaly think their power can be phenominal when in the right hands. Weather Too powerful or not, I'm actualy not sure of.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They cost 60 res now.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NothingMore.
    I personaly think their power can be phenominal when in the right hands. Weather Too powerful or not, I'm actualy not sure of.
    Against HA, the fade seems to lack the ability to quicky kill then blink to safety. Stopping to finish the HA generally leaves the fade open to volumes of hot lead. LA does not stop a blinking fade long enough for the marines to track.

As for aim, we do seem to get quite a few very adept players. It's been making my life as a skulk very short and painful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont know i have been in fire fights were i was a marine with like a group of like 4-5 other just shooting at NOTHINGMORE when he is a fade..

and we can not kill him... I would like to think im a good shot so i know i am hitting him...

and he just rips right through us.... and the sad thing is he doesn't have to run away to heal he will keep flying aournd the ceiling...

It is very annoying and discouraging even to the point were i feel like leaving or not even playing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billybob
    i dont know i have been in fire fights were i was a marine with like a group of like 4-5 other just shooting at NOTHINGMORE when he is a fade..

and we can not kill him... I would like to think im a good shot so i know i am hitting him...

and he just rips right through us.... and the sad thing is he doesn't have to run away to heal he will keep flying aournd the ceiling...

It is very annoying and discouraging even to the point were i feel like leaving or not even playing...
    Sadly billy, the way to be most affective with a fade is to use blink efficiently and NOT to stay on the ground and swipe aimlessly. Most good fades will swipe twice maybe three times and then blink away. Its the best way to avoid getting mauled by 6 marines when you dont expect it hehe.

Yes fades can be annoying, moreso then an onos sometimes. However, upgrades (although may not be sufficient if marines only have lmgs), shotties and HA all work pretty well to counter the beasts.

Also, multiple elecrified buildings work fairly well to keep fades away. There is not much a fade can do vs electrified tf+node and some turrets. There are ways to counter them, however the fades ability to quickly travel across the map allows it to tear away at the weak points (unprotected base, phase, or single nodes, far from rines).

I find that sometimes too many resources (and rines) are spent focusing on a fade. I find that having your rines out there not worrying about the fade too much and killing/getting nodes works best. Hell, one game I was a fade and I must have killed around 13 res nodes (not joking, so did another fade!). Anyway, the marines were replacing and killing nodes faster then I could keep up, it was pretty ridiculous heh.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fixed hitboxes have impacted the Fade a great deal in 3.0. Half the time in 2.0 when your shooting the Fade, your shooting right through them, so now that the hitboxes are pretty much you shoot it you hit it, Fades are much easier to kill, relativly speaking. A good Fade is still devistating however.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    polska dont get me wrong the "flying fade" tactic is great....

except if your a marine... then its just a pain in the ***

"Want GOD MODE become a FADE!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also isn't the force of blink halved in 3.0? i remember seeing it in one of the updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, blink is identical. And Billy, while you can still fly in 3.0, AA fire is much more effective now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fades have been really nerfed in 3.0. For starters they are 60 res, but more importantly their hitboxes have been totally fixed. They are much easier to hit now. Blink also seems a little slower and less controllable to me, but I may be mistaken. A really good Fade is still pretty powerful. Everybody else is 100% gimped. It's a serious issue IMHO though Flayra has not yet acknowledged it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omgwtflol it's zek!

and... i want 3.0 :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A really good Fade is still pretty powerful. Everybody else is 100% gimped. It's a serious issue IMHO though Flayra has not yet acknowledged it.
    Seriously gimped? Meh, only if you really sucked to begin with I'm not master Fade, but I can still hold my own in 3.0 You just have to be more careful, you can't just get Regen and fly around the ceiling anymore. The Fade is more truly a FADE now, a hit and run unit. Blink in, hit, blink out. So yes, it takes some mastering, but no more that Lerk or Onos.