Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTC Tower (Freedom Tower ) Design Unveiled

The Freedom Tower unveiled Friday would be among the world's tallest buildings and possibly the safest, but its architect can't guarantee the 1,776-foot Ground Zero landmark would be able to withstand another Sept. 11-type attack.
    Full story
    The project could be completed as early as the fall of 2008 at an estimated cost of $1.5 billion.
    tallest building in the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, was it initally called the French tower then? Definitely not my favorite of the designs, but I'm sure everyone likes that it's so tall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Hour
    So, was it initally called the French tower then? Definitely not my favorite of the designs, but I'm sure everyone likes that it's so tall.
    As far as I know this is the first and only plan they have had. This tower is called the freedom tower but dont think anyother freedom tower exists. I actually like the design but I am sure that is really rough and it wont look like the prototype.
    WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just dont get why we would rebuild the thing that was there but talling considering what happen to the last buildings that were there..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    I just dont get why we would rebuild the thing that was there but talling considering what happen to the last buildings that were there..
    To show the world that we can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is for what to build on the ground of the former WTC right? This may be the one they voted on, but many many firms were working up proposals. I've seen probably about 10-15 different design concepts that were being proposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Hour
    This is for what to build on the ground of the former WTC right? This may be the one they voted on, but many many firms were working up proposals. I've seen probably about 10-15 different design concepts that were being proposed.
    Yeah, and this is like the third one I've seen that has been "approved"... I think the issue is that the property is privately owned... If I were the owner, I'd tell NYC that they can decide which building to build as long as the city pays for a large percentage of the construction without affecting ownership. Of course, I'm a cold, heartless bastard...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure they can build it "because you can" But how many people are going to want to work in it?
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually didn't they have a thing on CNN awhile ago so that Americans could vote on what they wanted there? I think they did and this is the one that was voted I am sure. I think everyone is looking at the tallness as a problem due to the fact that the towers were huge and attacked. The towers were not attacked because they were tall. They were attacked because what they represented to the attackers. They were a symbol of our economy, and that was what they attackers were attacking. The size of the building had nothing to due with it or they would have went after the empire state building.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon
    The size of the building had nothing to due with it or they would have went after the empire state building.
    :?:

I was with you until this statement...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    The size of the building had nothing to due with it or they would have went after the empire state building.

how did I lose you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality

how did I lose you?
    Oh nevermind, I am stupid I was thinking the Empire State building was the tallest in US. But I stand corrected from google searching saying it is the Sears tower and the Towers were taller then Empire State building. Sorry for bad info again.

So my statement would be If size was the reason then they would have went for the Sears tower.

LMAO long day at work I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    Simply because it shows that we will not let 9/11 affect our spirit. I always said they should rebuild on the location and make sure the building is one story higher than the WTC. I think the idea is to show that we will not sit back and allow ourselves to be bullied or knocked down by terrorism. The intent of terrorism is to inflict fear. By rebuilding we show we are not scared- we are proud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9/11 was the biggest terrorist failer ever because it did not destroy our economy or or make us fear them more. It enraged us and brought us closer together as Americans than we have been in a long time. It did more to stregthen our Nation than to damage it. It brought the downfall of the Sadam Regime in Iraq and the ousting of the Taliban in Afganistan. A new tower shows the world that we are Stronger than ever and will never be beaten by any means of terrorism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by =luna=
    By rebuilding we show we are not scared- we are proud.
    Exactelly Luna thank You

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast