Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E advantage? whats the point?

something is realy flawed in this game online or something....why? Im talking energy...

If i dive on a target, have 4000foot alt advantage, i expect to be able to "boom and Zoom", instead, i fly past the guy, start to pull up back to my orignal alt, but somehow, this low level con seems to have reversed that E advantage, and seems to outclimb my 190g10 (even though it was one of the fastest climbers in WWII) How? god knows, but in games like Aces high, every extra foot counts as E, and knowing how to use it is the key to sucess. In here (well online anyway) I cant dive on a target, and pull out, do a "Rope de dope" on a stalling target simply because i somehow loose my E advatage somewhere....

And that brings me to another thing. Why the hell cant i pull my stick without ended in a ditch somewhere? Ive got like 10% movement back on the stick, any further and the plane just "locks up" into a stall. Man, if planes handle THIS badly in WWII they wouldnt need guns since everyone would crash.

Oh, and what is the point of this game? is there any objectives like taking bases etc? or is it just fly HO to each other and die?
    From Adam Webb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there are other ways to play (like COOP).

I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: E advantage? whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Overlag
    something is realy flawed in this game online or something....why? Im talking energy...

If i dive on a target, have 4000foot alt advantage, i expect to be able to "boom and Zoom", instead, i fly past the guy, start to pull up back to my orignal alt, but somehow, this low level con seems to have reversed that E advantage, and seems to outclimb my 190g10 (even though it was one of the fastest climbers in WWII) How? god knows, but in games like Aces high, every extra foot counts as E, and knowing how to use it is the key to sucess. In here (well online anyway) I cant dive on a target, and pull out, do a "Rope de dope" on a stalling target simply because i somehow loose my E advatage somewhere....

And that brings me to another thing. Why the hell cant i pull my stick without ended in a ditch somewhere? Ive got like 10% movement back on the stick, any further and the plane just "locks up" into a stall. Man, if planes handle THIS badly in WWII they wouldnt need guns since everyone would crash.

Oh, and what is the point of this game? is there any objectives like taking bases etc? or is it just fly HO to each other and die?
    Post this to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim and I guearantee you'll get the answers you are looking for.

Nip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean planes aren't supposed to stall so easily when you pull back on the stick?! I thought it was my bad piloting all along! There is a god! I can be a good pilot!!

I agree about the objectives. It seems like you just fly around and kill each other while trying to dodge AA fire. I would like to try out this co-op mode. It would help me learn to fly better, I think. I followed the tutorials about attacking bombers but I don't understand a word that's said or even how to do it. They say shoot the engines or the cockpit but I have trouble shooting any part of the plane itself even from 300m.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have posted this on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim on your behalf, Overlag (no name used) - look for a post by "James Calivar" - which is my ficticious Usenet name. One response so far, and a decent one.

NC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    an extremely newb question...(but I never have before)

how do you access newsgroups?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikoLovesYou
    an extremely newb question...(but I never have before)

how do you access newsgroups?
    You use a newsreader program. There are many out there, a lot of them free, some good and some bad. Right now I'm using Xnews, and it's "eh...ok I guess." I've used Forte in the past and hated it (although some swear by it), and of course you can always use Outlook Express. In the latter case, all you need to do is to click on the Mail...button, and select Read News. You'll have to configure it for your ISP's news server (typcailly news.<ispname>.com). The drawback of OE is that it is not terribly secure and can allow access to your PC unbeknownst to you.

NC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by =Sarc=
    You mean planes aren't supposed to stall so easily when you pull back on the stick?! I thought it was my bad piloting all along! There is a god! I can be a good pilot!!
    i been flying flight sims for years, and understand aerodynamics pritty well, a plane at 400mph doesnt stall... even a WWII fighter.

planes stall when there air speed drops below a certain point. These objects in IL2 online play, just stall and spin to your death as if theres no air under them.

another thing, not many planes have very bad one wing stalling. The F4U, and P47 is all i know about, yet in this game, EVERY DAM PLANE stalls on one wing causing this uncontrolable spin every time i pull the stick back anymore than 20%
    From Adam Webb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleCorn
    I have posted this on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim on your behalf, Overlag (no name used) - look for a post by "James Calivar" - which is my ficticious Usenet name. One response so far, and a decent one.

NC
    all i can find is this post starting:

So I've decided to embark on Career mode in IL2 FB, and have been trying to
    do the first mission
    but then theres not many posts there...maybe my news server doesnt like this group

last posts i can see are dated 31/12/03 16:18
    From Adam Webb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlag
    planes stall when there air speed drops below a certain point.
    That's what I thought but I have no clue what planes stall at what air speeds. I just kind of try to fly as fast as possible so I don't fall to the ground.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.