Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you feel that Battlefield 1942 / Desert Combat deserve forum expansion to encompass SOPs, tactics

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • The one by Chey-i'm using now?

6 75.00%
  • The one by quarath-as posted?

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Future of Battlefield 1942 / DC

Do you feel that Battlefield 1942 / Desert Combat deserve forum expansion to encompass SOPs, tactics, teams, etc?

(IE: Similar to Ghost Recon, Operation Flashpoint and Natural Selection)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely. I'm glad to see this post. I was about to post something on this myself. I've really enjoyed playing on the open server like we have, but what I think is missing is cohesiveness. The reason I joined TG was so that I could work with a team. So far play has been little better than being on a pub.

I want to see squads and people playing their roles as they should be. This is what makes the game fun for me, not just running out to see who can get the flag or the kill. I like to play medic and don't expect to get a lot of kills, but I end up getting more than I should becuase I'm forced to play out of my role since no one calls for a medic.

Forum expansion is just the first step. I'd like to see us organize and start to play some tactics. Ideally get a private server going and run some matches, but i know we still have interest problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's getting a bit more popular here now. I'd like to see a forum for it.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Yes...
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This go-around has really seen an enormous response from the community, so I think taking it to that next step is only logical.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game has so much more potential...to move in mini-battle groups with Armor...anti-air...infantry and mine disposal....I would like to see this happen. Believe it or not there are more people out there who think the same thing...let's do it.

FireMarshal
    Agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never played, because it ran like crap on my old PC. I love this game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's the DC mod. It's not much different from vanilla but I like it more. I think it's the way the classes are done and the weapons they get. I don't really care about jets and helos because I can't fly anyway.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YESYESYESYESYESYESYES.l

I love this game. I love TG. The only problem with this game is everyone usually disregards the teamwork and just plays pub-style. I understand that BF is a lot more action packed than GR, but we have a lot of crossover players from the GR server, so I'm sure everyone here is used to working as a team. We just have to get into the habit of joining the channels of our respective teams.

I would love to see everyone "play the game the way it's meant to be played".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I find that limits teamwork is the lack of built-in voice support. I know there is TS and everything, but not everyone is going to know the ip, and we don't even have separate team channels. As it is now, I can't even run TS with the game, because when I do, all of my sound shuts off as the game loads.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take er to the next level. This game could be as tacticly sound as GR and others.
    Form up, move out, and kick some ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be on the server all tonight hopefully. Let's start working as a real team and show em all how much ass we can kick

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am excited about the teamwork potential here. Artillery in particular is really cool, although I bet that only 5% of people know how to use it. Perhaps we can have a practice session on that..
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Artillery in DC is EXTREMELY powerful when used correctly. You can effectively prevent the enemy from respawning in a captured point completly if used right.

Also, I think our teamwork would increase tenfold if the respawn rate of vehicles was dropped greatly. But I already posed a thread about that....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast