Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live from ns.org.. its.. saturday night!

Uhm, right..

www.natural-selection.org
    [ 12/30/03 ]:: Unknown Worlds Entertainment announced

It's my pleasure to announce something I've been working on for a long time; Unknown Worlds Entertainment. This is the game company I am starting which will both continue supporting NS, and also will work on bigger and better NS-like projects. We are looking into lots of exciting projects, including releasing NS as a retail standalone product, and also a full-fledged sequel on a new engine. We are currently looking at next-generation engines, talking to publishers, and forming our core team.

We are very interested in talented and passionate people to help create special and memorable games. We are especially in need of animators and concept, 2D or 3D artists, and possibly a lead artist. If you want to work on innovative games that push action, strategy and socialization, and have the raw talent or experience to create amazing visuals, please visit the the site and apply. We're eager to get started.

If you like NS, you're going to looove what's coming next...
    From what it sounds like, the second NS will a MOD not its own game.. as in, NS wont have its very own engine designed for ns.. bentley you can stop your drooling (see other NS thread)
    Theres nothing here that wyz hasn't alread told you... but this is offical.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost forgot.. here is unknown worlds entertainment's homepage
    http://www.unknownworlds.com/

.. i bet you never woulda guessed if i didnt say it..
    :P

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NS is first contact, NS2 will be the war...
    Nice.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Live from ns.org.. its.. saturday night!

Quote Originally Posted by jackel
    From what it sounds like, the second NS will a MOD not its own game.. as in, NS wont have its very own engine designed for ns.. bentley you can stop your drooling (see other NS thread)
    Actually, a rather large percentage of games don't use thier own graphics engine. They use highly modified versions of other popular engines. Half Life itself uses a modifed Quake 2 engine, and the UT graphics' engines have been very popular for a large number of games.

It costs a lot of money to develop an engine from scratch, so to save costs a lot of game developers just use existing engines. The only company to come out with an entirely new engine recently that I know of is S2 Games, that made Savage.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half Life itself uses a modifed Quake 2 engine
    Don't we all wish. Actually, Half-Life uses a hacked-upon Quake (that's Quake 1) engine. They rewrote much stuff (like the lighting engine and networking, iirc), but Quake 2 isn't in there.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the hot game to mod right now is bf1942, and i wouldn't mind seeing an NS for that... it would probably be done a lot sooner than any HL2 version, and we don't all have to worry about our framerates dropping down into the negative numbers when playing on anything other than the lowest settings...*cough-oldjetpack-cough*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveDog
    Half Life itself uses a modifed Quake 2 engine
    Don't we all wish. Actually, Half-Life uses a hacked-upon Quake (that's Quake 1) engine. They rewrote much stuff (like the lighting engine and networking, iirc), but Quake 2 isn't in there.
    Ahh, thank you. I knew it was a Quake engine of some type.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke
    well the hot game to mod right now is bf1942, and i wouldn't mind seeing an NS for that... it would probably be done a lot sooner than any HL2 version, and we don't all have to worry about our framerates dropping down into the negative numbers when playing on anything other than the lowest settings...*cough-oldjetpack-cough*
    Screw that, the bf42 engine isnt all that great.

If the want to use an engine, they should go with the ut2k3 engine. Its probably the best engine out right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could use the "goddamn lithtech engine"

:P