Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Logintech 3D Extreme Pro---Major Bug!

I had recently purchased this joystick along with IL2, and was satisfied with the profiler that allowed me to program all the extra buttons.
    However, I've found out that this stick can lose it's settings in-game, and cause you to lose control. This I thought was due to not locking the settings on the profiler, but when this still occurred after, I did some forum searches and found that this stick is known for this!
    I have returned this Logintech, and am now searching for another dealie on a decent stick.

Shad0wRIP
    Haven't had a problem such as you describe with my extreme 3d pro been using it for a few weeks daily and never had buttons not work on it as i configured them to

Spectre
    Don't use the profiler garbage...just set up the buttons in the game itself...much easier.

Shad0wRIP
    Ya that's what i did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah there is nothing wrong with the stick its self its the profiler. you dont need it set it up in game and all our worries will float away....lol

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I recalibrate my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro? In the neutral position it makes my helos lean left and rotate left...

Well I'm glad you guys are doing OK, but are you programming the other 7 buttons the stick comes with? The game doesn't interface with these buttons in the control menu, unless your going into windows.
    As someone who plays multiple games, the profiler was an important feature for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you remember what 7 different buttons on your joystick do?

Shad0wRIP
    Yes i use 10 of the 12 buttons on the stick.....I just opened the controls inside the game choose the option i wanted to use a button with and clicked the button and there it was....for example i have button 7,8,9 for select engine1, select engine2 and select all engines respectfully.

If your talking about throttle % for select engine, then that's a waste of the extra buttons. If not, then please explain.
    My settings were Toggle Gunsights 5, WEP 7, Wide view 8, Up flaps 9, Down Flaps 10 , Gunsight View 11, Eject 12, Droptanks 6.

Shad0wRIP
    actually no i wasn't taking about throttle %....and i agree that would be a waste of buttons...... I currently have 1-4 default......6-fire extinguisher 7- select engine 1 8- select engine 2 9- select all engines plus 10,11,12 all set to other settings unimportant really as everyone will have there one prefs.......what is important is that they all work and you have to set each withint the game controls and do not use the profiler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it really important to select individual engines? When I was flying the HE bomber I just pressed 'I' to start all engines.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Shad0wRIP
    Ya last night on Spectres server he didn't have complex engine management (or whatever it's called) enabled but the TG server does

Well after going to three different Circuit City's, all of which were sold out of joysticks, I got a dealie on a Saitek Cyborg EVO.
    It was the only one left, and not sold because the box looked like it smashed and worn. So I asked them to drop the price, and took it for $30. This had better work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been happy with my Saitek Cyborg but I'm not a flight fanatic. I don't use the profile software with it. It's a little troublesome setting up profiles since all games do quite well with recognizing it.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.