Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To quote Ryn, "We got schooled" last night

Man, did we ever get smoked last night. We must have gotten crushed on at least 4 different maps! And this with |TG| stacked against a bevy of random pub players...What the heck - does anyone have an explanation? Especially towards the end of the evening (for me, anyway), when that whole other {MeScc} clan or whatever they're called showed up. Methinks some team practice is in order...

Also, was I the only one who thought some of the players' excellent killl records and in-game behavior were a bit suspicious? Not specifically saying anything was going on other than very good gamesmanship, but it would be interesting to see some anti-cheat installed on the server and see what we catch...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: To quote Ryn, "We got schooled" last night

Quote Originally Posted by NippleCorn
    Man, did we ever get smoked last night. We must have gotten crushed on at least 4 different maps! And this with |TG| stacked against a bevy of random pub players...What the heck - does anyone have an explanation? Especially towards the end of the evening (for me, anyway), when that whole other {MeScc} clan or whatever they're called showed up. Methinks some team practice is in order...
    Despite the fact that we use TS here, there isn't much communication it seems except for a little "tank here" or "bridge" once in a while. I think some here have gotten pretty good at the game quickly and know what to do and where to go and some are just in the dark. I guess one must just prepare for a free for all loading up as that seems to be what most want and enjoy...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punkbuster will be enabled in 1.6.

I doubt that as many people are cheating as it seems. Some people just know where to go to get kills. And many players have been playing much longer than we have..

I have been having problem with TS and DC so haven't been using it, so I have noticed that there is zero communication here outside of TS. No 'Armor Spotted', "Helo Spotted", or even a reply to text chat.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we could get a group buyin for true Command, then a single person could lead the game. Setting up individual player roles and chokes to hold. That would be interesting. Problem is, there's never enough people and the Command role can't obtain enough meaningful info things happen so quickly.

Command could assign individual players to defend and call out contact reports to Command. While other players are tasked with assaults.

Generally, comms could improve drastically if we made a simple SOP for them in this game. Things happen so fast, GR SOPs won't work. I suggest, [Callsign] [Location] [Action] method. Basically comms for Command only instead of player-to-player chatter.

In game, key biddings would be good too, eg. "cc"

I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is too much going on too quickly in the game, I'm sure never looking at my screen for text chat... ops:

The font is pretty bad for me, I have to examine text to be able to read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyker
    Generally, comms could improve drastically if we made a simple SOP for them in this game. Things happen so fast, GR SOPs won't work. I suggest, [Callsign] [Location] [Action] method. Basically comms for Command only instead of player-to-player chatter.

In game, key biddings would be good too, eg. "cc"
    Simple teamwork would work wonders.
    Yeah, I don't know that we need to limit comms to a commander or to a particular format... We just need to work as a team and communicate like we usually do. I didn't see much of that even when the team was all TG... We had a lot of room for improvement regarding our communications and teamwork last night...

When CounterStrike was in its prime here, someone would usually step up to the mic with a plan of some sort. It may have been something simple, like "take the left route", or it could have been more complicated like "DeRanger, you're going to assault right. Raven, you're going to snipe the right side of the hostage house. Cing, you're going to harass and distract on the right side. The rest of us are going to sneak into the left rear door of the hossie house until first contact, then we're going balls to the walls." My point is that we don't need SOPs. We need a few leaders to step up now and then. I didn't say a commander. I said a leader.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is hard to read all of the text that comes across the screen, but there are a few simple (non-tactical) things you can do to help coordinate team efforts.

1. Use the buddy system in BF. Find the players ID, then in the console type "ab <playerID>" w/o the quotes. Any text that comes across the screen is in green to easily identify. Also, if they are on your team, they show up as a green arrow. Note: Put the TG in your tag so some new members can easily identify everyone else.

2. Learn the radio commands. Even though they are simple, they are very effective if used correctly (more tactics). You can call out for help and anyone who can hear you will see your arrow flash on the map. Great for calling out specific units/vehicles or just calling for help.

A note on tactics... if you call out that you spot something and then it dies (by your or otherwise), call out the negative command right away. I've seen this used before so everyone doesn't rush to help when not needed.

If people can learn to use these things, it will make team-work much easier.