Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I READ A POST ABOUT JOINING THE SERVICE (war footage)

***WARNING: video that shows live combat***

HERE'S WHAT YOUR MISSING................

http://www.indiemediamagazine.com/224pache.mpeg

edited with warnings for the squeamish and moved to Sandbox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just dont like the fact of actually KILLING people and actually being calm about it..
    heck if i killed some1 i would be hystericaly... crazy. i would actually go crazy i would be so mad at myself..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    i just dont like the fact of actually KILLING people and actually being calm about it..
    heck if i killed some1 i would be hystericaly... crazy. i would actually go crazy i would be so mad at myself..

Im sure it isnt easy, but they are trained to do this. It is an ugly part of life...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont be mad , crazy , or otherwise..... Just thank a VETERAN of any service...(OF COURSE THE MARINES FIRST) and say;

THANK YOU...

If not for that ... you wouldnt be posting a message in your ; werever.... in the comfort of your ; whatever.... just think about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    Actually in a combat situation you have nothing going through your head accept.

"If he shoots first I dont go home."

That one sentence will make you do anything possible to stay alive. Believe me I been in the situations that were worse then that video shows and that apache crew had it easy since they weren't on the ground being shot at from all directions.
    WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well yeah, it was late at night when i posted that. i have diffrent feeling at night rather than in the day time.
    I COULD do it, but wouldnt like as, as many people feel. Robber breaks in threating to shoot my family, i'd shoot him, but would feel kinda bad for it. i wouldnt go crazy though

oh yeah,
    god bless americans!
    (especially the army dudes )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to join the military apart from the bit where you try to kill people and the bit where people try to kill you. All the other bits would be good though.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to join the military apart from the bit where you try to kill people and the bit where people try to kill you. All the other bits would be good though.
    Military is much larger than that, you don't need to be a common grunt. Be a tech, mechanic, hell, a cook.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool i wanna be the hell guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley
    Military is much larger than that, you don't need to be a common grunt. Be a tech, mechanic, hell, a cook.
    Just dont be Commo cause the antennae gives you away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley
    If you're a cook though, you don't have any cool war stories, and that's like 70% of the reason i'd join. Well, you'd have war stories like...

"One time in 'Nam, I was under heavy fire, and i whiped out the fire blanket and provided "cover fire" to protect the rice."

People would think you're just some loser who couldn't deal with the heat on the lines, but could easily deal with the heat in the kitchen =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NothingMore.
    People would think you're just some loser who couldn't deal with the heat on the lines, but could easily deal with the heat in the kitchen =P
    Which people would you be referring to? You'd be surprised how much respect cooks get from other people in the military. I mean, they get insulted every now and then in jokes, but everyone has to work together to make things work in the military. Trust me, after a long patrol, the field mess is a welcome sight...

And if the people you're referring to are ignorant civilians, well, you really don't have to respond to those non-hacking cowards...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    Which people would you be referring to? You'd be surprised how much respect cooks get from other people in the military. I mean, they get insulted every now and then in jokes, but everyone has to work together to make things work in the military. Trust me, after a long patrol, the field mess is a welcome sight...

And if the people you're referring to are ignorant civilians, well, you really don't have to respond to those non-hacking cowards...
    Indeed. If someone who's never even >thought< of serving wants to put you down for not doing something overly glorious, well, hit em' upside the head with your frying pan
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality

I know a lot of cooks that went on to be great culanary (sp?) cooks

Spectre
    Well, I've had a few senior NCOs that have had confirmed kills in Grenada, Panama and Desert Storm. The one thing they always told me and training hinted at was that at the time....during battle, you don't really have time to think about right and wrong or how sorry you are. Things are loud and chaotic and all you have to fall back on is your training.

Most of them broke down and balled their eyes out at a later time. Killing a human being isn't easy for anyone...especailly your first. Everyone hurts after having to do it...if they tell you they didn't hurt one bit afterwards...they're lying right to your face, or fu-king insane.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast